Trident Model - HMS Alert 1777 by Lusitania1915

Yes, I mean 0.40mm definitely not 4.0mm Sorry for confusion. The frame will be 4.00mm thick. 0.4mm wire will be representing the head of the bolt (not the bolt's body). the bolt's head will be only visible.

When I compared the plans and the parts of the kit, I noticed that the scale of 1:48 on the plan and the scale of 1:48 on the parts are different.
Parts and plan do not match. Is this a feature, i.e. intentional, or a mistake @Trident Model ?
I agree with Paul, but those are not typical plans (as drafts), if you look at them closely, it is an isometric perspective. They are only for visiual reference.

In the meantime I have finished assembling the deadwood and the keel. Now the spooning has to be worked into both parts.IMG_7210.jpgIMG_7211bearb.jpgIMG_7212bearb.jpgIMG_7213.jpg
IMG_7214.jpg
Everything is sanded down before it is put together.

In the meantime I have got the material for the bolts, now I have to work out the scheme from Goodwin's book.

Many greetings
Emanuel

And at the end of the day, a few pictures of the finished keel. I also did a fitting test on the berth. I like it very much. In the next few days I will devote myself to the first frames, wait for the wire for the bolts, finish the scheme for the bolting (I would then present it to your critical eyes) and finally clean the keel. Then it will be installed in the berth.
Also, this post was a test to see if I could easily translate from my German build report on www.segelschiffsmodellbau.com. It worked ;)

Now the pictures:
IMG_7222.jpgIMG_7223.jpgIMG_7224.jpgIMG_7225.jpgIMG_7226.jpgIMG_7227.jpgIMG_7228.jpgIMG_7229.jpgIMG_7230.jpgIMG_7231.jpg

on the German website you can find my report here:

If this is unwanted advertising, please let me know and I will delete the post ;)

Back