USS BONHOMME RICHARD - POF - Cross Section in Cherry - 1:48 - by neptune,

302.jpg
Attaching the thick stuff to deck one,this shows a piece of ply clamped across the section to hold the planks inline
with the ends of the section,

303.jpg
first piece of thick stuff in place,

304.jpg
all of the thick stuff attached,

305.jpg
another view, the centre piece around the pumps is just lifted up out of the way for now,

I have a question
Is there enough room between the decks to mount the guns with all the rope work needed to secure them ?

I'm not sure what you mean gisel, the section is 1/48 scale so if the guns and all the accessories are at that scale everything should fit, could you clarify your question a little bit more,

best regards John,

What I am talking about is there room between the decks for you to position the guns and arrange the necessary ropes or should the decks be completely finished with guns and all before adding another decking on it looks from here as if there is little room to work

I'm not sure what you mean gisel, the section is 1/48 scale so if the guns and all the accessories are at that scale everything should fit, could you clarify your question a little bit more,
Hi John, I think Gisel asking if there enough room for you, to rig the cannons (breeching line and tackles). Or it makes sense to install guns and rig the carriages before moving to the next deck. I hope I understand correctly :cool:

What I am talking about is there room between the decks for you to position the guns and arrange the necessary ropes or should the decks be completely finished with guns and all before adding another decking on it looks from here as if there is little room to work

AH, I see what you mean, yes I did think about rigging them and then doing the next deck, but decided against it as there is so much more cutting and sanding to do, what I have done is to drill the positions where the eye bolts and the hooks go, and I will make up a small section out of some scrap wood and rig the cannon with the breeching rope with an eye bolt at each end and then I will just glue the eye bolt in place, also I will make the training tackle the same way, and hopefully all will be OK, fingers crossed,

you know what they say about the Best laid plans of Mice and Men,

sorry I was a bit unsure of what you trying to ask me, so ask away, you never know when you may alert someone to avert a disaster,

best regards John,

314.jpg
So this is the number 1 deck, still to be sanded, just one more to go above it, you have probably noticed that I haven't used tree nails
at all, I hummed and harred about it and decided not to use them, some folk like them and some don't, I have
used them before on other models but decided against for this one,

315.jpg
a close up of the pumps and mast section,

316.jpg
a Full view,

317.jpg

Back