USS Constitution, 1:76.8

Glued up the frames and test fitting the keel. If there were “do-overs” at the stage, I would have made the frames out of solid hard wood instead of ply.
Hope to stay off the road for awhile (work travel), and do some building in the evening.
My wife asked me, “What percent completed would I say the model is at this stage”? I told her “.001.%”. What fun life is. She is a sweetheart! D48A4177-1DF9-40E7-8FDF-A356A7F8318D.jpeg

I am not quite brave enough to do what you are doing. Looks great and well organized.

yes, as in plans and from scratch

yes, as in plans and from scratch
Donnie,
After reviewing your OcCre Santisima Trinidad Build Log, I realize that the task for me is likely to fail. I do not have the skill or the patience to complete a build with such results you accomplished, with or without a kit.
In most of my endeavors I have always set too high expectations. Not a good trait and actually a bit arrogant as well. If the Constitution comes to completion I will be surprised. As usual, I’ve bit off way more than I can chew. So, let’s call it a study in lessons to be learned.
Thanks for your work on SOS!

Well, truly, I am humbled as it took several years to accomplish. The instructions were good and the plan sheets were very good showing the rigging plates. The mast and yards fully to scale 1:1. I always think less of my abilities I guess. But, I am willing to help any way I can. The rigging is my favorite part. (that doesn't mean I am good at it though :) )

Well, truly, I am humbled as it took several years to accomplish. The instructions were good and the plan sheets were very good showing the rigging plates. The mast and yards fully to scale 1:1. I always think less of my abilities I guess. But, I am willing to help any way I can. The rigging is my favorite part. (that doesn't mean I am good at it though :) )
Thanks Donnie! Maybe we could start with advice on patience

Unfortunately, the member Danno is no longer a member. This thread will be removed. He had other life situation arise.

Very nice Danno! I think something similar to your pinnacle will need to be built for the Ontario Group
Build, we shall see. Anyhow, welcome back and can't wait to see more progress on your 'Connie'.

Back