• Ships of Scale has incorportated an extra level of security when you log In. Please follow on-screen prompts to acknowledge that you are not a robot via a "Check Box" or a "Pictorial Check Box Puzzle". This is needed due to higher level of AI Activity Security.
  • SUBSCRIBE TO SHIPS IN SCALE TODAY!

    The beloved Ships in Scale Magazine is back and charting a new course for 2026!
    Discover new skills, new techniques, and new inspirations in every issue.

    NOTE THAT OUR NEXT ISSUE WILL BE July/August 2026
  • Win a Free Custom Engraved Brass Coin!!!
    As a way to introduce our brass coins to the community, we will raffle off a free coin during the month of August. Follow link ABOVE for instructions for entering.

USS Constitution - Model Shipways

Before getting sidetracked in research for the acquisition or construction of a rope walking machine, I thought I'd at least try to rig one of the swifters. I don't even want to say how many hours I have invested in this little bit of rigging. Let me just say it was a very steep learning curve.

20261007_141734.jpg

The 1.1mm rope doesn't look bad wrapped around the 4.8mm double block. The correctly sized block (4.0mm) looked ridiculous with this rope wrapped around it. Unfortunately this means I may need to invested in a few more 1/8" (4.8mm) in double blocks.

For the sake of symmetry, I will do the starboard side next. Then shift my attention to rope making.
 
Back
Top