USS Oliver Hazard Perry FFG 7 by Academy with Pontos 1:350

igor, where was the 2nd photo taken from as the sailors in the 1st look European?
Hello David! The first photo is an anchor from USS Stark (FFG-31). I have attached a description to the photo.
USS Stark Anchor
The second photo is the official US Navy photo of a USS Ford (FFG-54) anchor. I also attach a link with a description.
US Navy 050504-N-9293K-034
Despite the war against us and constant air alarms, I began to collect material for the further production of a 1:100 scale model of a frigate. On the Internet, I came across a link to this forum topic. Therefore, I decided to communicate with like-minded people.

It looks like AC-14 High Holding Power(HHP) Anchor, below is all the info you are looking for

View attachment 450653

or Type ZY-6 Anchor

I like your trident! Thumbsup You entered the anchor name incorrectly. ;) I found a manufacturer of similar anchors, but they do not have specifications for a 6000 lb (2700 kg) anchor. The former commander of such a ship once wrote about such a weight. Maybe someone knows a boatswain from a frigate who can tell exactly how much the anchors weigh?

Attachments

• SA-803-5000920_Rev5-Anchor.pdf
    424 KB · Views: 3
it would be great to find more documents that have blueprints of the doors and hatches that are installed on the ship. Maybe there is some standard?

it would be great to find more documents that have blueprints of the doors and hatches that are installed on the ship. Maybe there is some standard?
Ha..ha.. you asked for the tonnage of the anchor, and now you are asking for blueprints of the ship ROTF ROTF ROTF You might search for the name of the ship you are looking for. Not sure if you can find the blueprints but there should be information for sure.

Ha..ha.. you asked for the tonnage of the anchor, and now you are asking for blueprints of the ship ROTF ROTF ROTF You might search for the name of the ship you are looking for. Not sure if you can find the blueprints but there should be information for sure.

My English is not very good, so I use a translator. Maybe that's why you didn't quite understand me. My guess is that if there are blueprints of the anchors on the internet, maybe there are blueprints of the standard doors and hatches that are installed on this ship?

Another version of the drawings...

Oliver_Hazard_Perry-class_frigate_%28long_hull%29_outboard_profile.jpg

In the US, ships were built in 'classes'. The class assumed several ships with the same specification and might be small modifications. For example, The Iowa class was a class of six fast battleships ordered by the United States Navy in 1939 and 1940. All the ships in this class were built with the same characteristics.

1717250572603.png

If you know the name of the ship, then you can find what class it was. Then, you can find all the ships in this class and possibly drafts or plans for the sister ship.

In the US, ships were built in 'classes'. The class assumed several ships with the same specification and might be small modifications. For example, The Iowa class was a class of six fast battleships ordered by the United States Navy in 1939 and 1940. All the ships in this class were built with the same characteristics.

View attachment 450708

If you know the name of the ship, then you can find what class it was. Then, you can find all the ships in this class and possibly drafts or plans for the sister ship.
Each country has its own classification rules. For example, in official documents of the US Navy, indeed, they often use the term "class" with the name of the first ship in the series, as a designation of all the same ships. However, in addition to the name, the on-board numbering, which includes, in addition to the number, the purpose of the ship, is also used for differentiation. The ship design number is very rarely used in the US Navy and not all ships have it.
- Oliver Hazard Perry-class
- FFG-7 Class
- SCN 207/2081

If you are interested, I can tell you about the system of marking identical ships in the Soviet fleet. Of course, if it does not go beyond the limits of this topic

Igor, are you going to do a short hull or a long hull version of this frigate class? i have the Booklet of General Plans of the Long Hull version of this class. is 22mb with 13 files if you need.
I collect material throughout the series, but my choice is on the long version. Before the war, short- and long-range frigates came to Odessa for training. So there is a personal impression. Very interesting ships. For me, who is used to Soviet ships, they are conceptually different in many issues. Any help with the drawings would be greatly appreciated as they are the basis for the correct proportions of any model

Each country has its own classification rules. For example, in official documents of the US Navy, indeed, they often use the term "class" with the name of the first ship in the series, as a designation of all the same ships. However, in addition to the name, the on-board numbering, which includes, in addition to the number, the purpose of the ship, is also used for differentiation. The ship design number is very rarely used in the US Navy and not all ships have it.
- Oliver Hazard Perry-class
- FFG-7 Class
- SCN 207/2081

If you are interested, I can tell you about the system of marking identical ships in the Soviet fleet. Of course, if it does not go beyond the limits of this topic
Why not! I think it will be of interest to many of us!

need your email address so i can send the folder to you in 2 parts.
that class lead ship was named after my ancestor & his brother(who was a commodore) in 1854 opened Japan to the world.
i have well over 150+ Booklet of General Plans of US navy ships both complete & incomplete saved on my computer not including other world navies.

Why not! I think it will be of interest to many of us!
In the Soviet Union, the term "project number", which usually consists of numbers, is used to distinguish ships. If the project is related to the Navy, then for covert use (so as not to disclose the project number) there was a practice of replacing the project number with the term "project code". That is, in the documentation, instead of project numbers, a code word was used that was identical to it. This practice led to the fact that during the construction of the newest ships in the USSR, NATO countries did not know how to identify them. The situation was further complicated by the fact that until 1972 their names were hidden on Soviet ships. Therefore, they began to give their own names for NATO classification. In contrast to other countries, in the USSR, series of ships were designated by the project number, and not by the name of the first ship in the series, or by its ship number. By the way, the ship numbers of Soviet ships were not permanent, but changed from time to time.
An example of the designation of one type of ship:
- project number - 205П
- project code - Тарантул
- class NATO - Stenka-class

In the Soviet Union, the term "project number", which usually consists of numbers, is used to distinguish ships. If the project is related to the Navy, then for covert use (so as not to disclose the project number) there was a practice of replacing the project number with the term "project code". That is, in the documentation, instead of project numbers, a code word was used that was identical to it. This practice led to the fact that during the construction of the newest ships in the USSR, NATO countries did not know how to identify them. The situation was further complicated by the fact that until 1972 their names were hidden on Soviet ships. Therefore, they began to give their own names for NATO classification. In contrast to other countries, in the USSR, series of ships were designated by the project number, and not by the name of the first ship in the series, or by its ship number. By the way, the ship numbers of Soviet ships were not permanent, but changed from time to time.
An example of the designation of one type of ship:
- project number - 205П
- project code - Тарантул
- class NATO - Stenka-class
You may introduce us to some sites if you have in mind

Igor I have finally finished my Oliver Hazard Perry FFG-7 in the short version. As I mentioned the book by Glenn Hoover is very useful and I must mention the drawings from Davidp are superb for detail.
Below are photos of my completed model hoping everyone will enjoy.
IMG_1638.jpegIMG_1639.jpegIMG_1641.jpegIMG_1642.jpegIMG_1645.jpegIMG_1648.jpegIMG_1647.jpeg
Having built three prior models with extensive pe this was very difficult in its complexity.

IMG_1649.jpeg

IMG_1650.jpeg

IMG_1651.jpeg

IMG_1652.jpeg

Will, your model is not finished as it is missing it's rudder which is needed to steer the ship especially as it has a single prop.

Thank you David. Upon inspection all I have is the rudder post still in the hull so somewhere in the last week or so it had been broken off. I will make a new one from styrene sheet and try my best to copy the shape.

use the FFG Docking Drawing i sent you on pg 2 message 29 as it has some of the dimensions for the rudder. probably need 1mm thick plastic for the rudder but check on the rudder post diameter to confirm that.

Igor I have finally finished my Oliver Hazard Perry FFG-7 in the short version. As I mentioned the book by Glenn Hoover is very useful and I must mention the drawings from Davidp are superb for detail.
Below are photos of my completed model hoping everyone will enjoy.
View attachment 451661View attachment 451662View attachment 451663View attachment 451664View attachment 451665View attachment 451667View attachment 451666
Having built three prior models with extensive pe this was very difficult in its complexity.

View attachment 451668

View attachment 451669

View attachment 451670

View attachment 451671
Great ship, but I dream of building it in 1:100 scale. As one of the commanders of such a ship said - a graceful ship with the architecture of a garage :)
David really has some very useful information on this ship. And what Glenn Hoover book is it about? You can refer to it.

Back