Vasa - 1:65 DeAgostini [COMPLETED BUILD]

Robands are done (and I'm done with robands).

IMG_8282.JPG

In retrospect I think it would be better to have more robands on each of these yards. If it drives me crazy looking at this every day I will go back and add more. But right now I need to take a break. Doesn't look like much on the picture but what you see here took hours and hours.

I'm going to add gaskets first and see what that does to the overall look (gaskets are the ropes used to furl the sails and they are 'permanently' installed on the yards).

Thanks for stopping by!

Last edited:

View attachment 316116

In retrospect I think it would be better to have more robands on each of these yards. If it drives me crazy looking at this every day I will go back and add more. But right now, I need to take a break. Doesn't look like much on the picture but what you see there took hours and hours.

I'm going to add gaskets first and see what that does to the overall look (gaskets are the ropes used to furl the sails and they are 'permanently' installed on the yards).

Thanks for stopping by!
It does look good.

View attachment 316116

In retrospect I think it would be better to have more robands on each of these yards. If it drives me crazy looking at this every day I will go back and add more. But right now I need to take a break. Doesn't look like much on the picture but what you see here took hours and hours.

Thanks for stopping by!
1656529251359.jpeg

View attachment 316116

Thanks for stopping by!
Paul, hi. Great job Thumbsup . I imagine how long it takes. But the result is worth it. I look forward to watching your build.;)

Paul,

As always!! - hmmm I think that I missed those details on mine - don't remember will need to take a look (Robands)
Nice that you added them

Paul,

As always!! - hmmm I think that I missed those details on mine - don't remember will need to take a look (Robands)
Nice that you added them
Ha! I just looked...you have them! You just tied them differently (translation: more efficiently) so they probably didn't leave you emotionally defeated like they have me ROTF.

View attachment 316116

Thanks for stopping by!
Hi Paul,
Nice job done with those robands!
As You mentioned quantity per plate , I guess it could be left as it is, if You will not decide to add more(same as You did on mizzen sail, where is one in the middle of plate), I saw on some of museum models - for example on photos' in Budriot's book about French Museum Models vol .1&2 ( I ' ve made some additional " studies" after first discussion about this matter :)) they often simplified this part and fitted less robands even on museum models , than on a real ship...
Could You show how did You manage metals fittings for the gaskets, which discussed early, how did You fit restricting planks for the ties/those, in the middle of the yard ,if they implemented in Vasa case... and remaining blocks - sheet blocks, clewline blocks( by the way ,@timber hitch @often used for securing standing part of the clue-line to the yard), etc.
ALL THE BEST!
Kirill
ps

here is clue- line timber hitch clearly seen
8790690222_aa573ddc44_o.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Paul,
Nice job done with those robands!
As You mentioned quantity per plate , I guess it could be left as it is, if You will not decide to add more(same as You did on mizzen sail, where is one in the middle of plate), I saw on some of museum models - for example on photos' in Budriot's book about French Museum Models vol .1&2 ( I ' ve made some additional " studies" after first discussion about this matter :)) they often simplified this part and fitted less robands even on museum models , than on a real ship...
Could You show how did You manage metals fittings for the gaskets, which discussed early, how did You fit restricting planks for the ties/those, in the middle of the yard ,if they implemented in Vasa case... and remaining blocks - sheet blocks, clewline blocks( by the way ,@timber hitch @often used for securing standing part of the clue-line to the yard), etc.
ALL THE BEST!
Kirill
ps

here is clue- line timber hitch clearly seen
View attachment 316262

Hi @kirill4,
Do you have this image (or a similar one) that focuses in on how the martnets are attached at the edge of the sail? Or perhaps a fellow builder out there can just describe that to me? Much appreciated! It appears to simply be seized to the bolt rope but...

Back