VOC ship The Prins Willem (scale 1:75) Year 1651

Thanks Herman, actually it is not that hard to do, just a lot of work, but that is treenailing also. That's something you ad to the planking of a model to make it just that special. I think these kind of rigging jobs do that to.

Thanks Paul, kind words. I just like to find new things to do and see if it is possible. Making these tacks is not hard to do. I will post soon the how to. But first thing tomorrow is go to the hospital for my left hand. And then I will be probably out of business for a few days. We will see.
Praying for a successful surgery and full recovery.

Thanks Herman, actually it is not that hard to do, just a lot of work, but that is treenailing also. That's something you ad to the planking of a model to make it just that special. I think these kind of rigging jobs do that to.

Thanks Paul, kind words. I just like to find new things to do and see if it is possible. Making these tacks is not hard to do. I will post soon the how to. But first thing tomorrow is go to the hospital for my left hand. And then I will be probably out of business for a few days. We will see.

Good luck in the hospital tomorrow!

the surgery went well this morning. Can,t use the left hand, hurts a little to much. But the doctor said, that tomorrow I can maybe do some little work with it. The only thing he said was stay away from your table saw machine, I don't want you to see you back to soon. :D

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-21 at 10.29.37.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks @Jimsky Indeed very interesting detail, when I discover it, I knew this must be done.

Today I made a second test and I must say, it looks a lot better. I'm still not where I want to be. Did another update on the rope walk for the next test. I must make sure that both parts of the rope walk are stay good in place, when I place the yarn in it. Moving during that proces is failure. And to only rejuvenate in 3 places is too little to get a nice gradually decreasing rope. I double that number in my next test.

View attachment 435756View attachment 435757View attachment 435758
I found a topic in the german forum where such a rope and the ropemaking was already discussed - it is maybe interesting for you (and others)

Edit by myself afterwards: I did not read the topic there until the end - so I did not know, that you are already active in this old topic of the german forum - sorry

Last edited:
I found a topic in the german forum where such a rope and the ropemaking was already discussed - it is maybe interesting for you (and others)

Edit by myself afterwards: I did not read the topic there until the end - so I did not know, that you are already active in this old topic of the german forum - sorry
Thanks Uwe, in post 896 I refer to the German forum but indeed I didn't post the link. Thanks for that. Very informative. You need an account to see the link.

Little update from my side. These days I only do a lot of reading, study and watch movies. No model building. I tried to make tacks, but the first two I made failed. My left hand is still to stiff and painfull to work with. Other things don't work to. So we are patience, give my hand rest and wait till it's possible to work on my models again. The trigger in my fingers is gone, for that the surgery worked well.
And don't worry I watch this moment the Netflix serie: "3 Body Problem". And reading the book Dune from Frank Herbert. I love SciFi.

Wishing you well!! Be patient and work the physical therapy exercises slowly but steadily!

Glad the surgery was successful and the trigger is gone in the finger.

Little update from my side. These days I only do a lot of reading, study and watch movies. No model building. I tried to make tacks, but the first two I made failed. My left hand is still to stiff and painfull to work with. Other things don't work to. So we are patience, give my hand rest and wait till it's possible to work on my models again. The trigger in my fingers is gone, for that the surgery worked well.
And don't worry I watch this moment the Netflix serie: "3 Body Problem". And reading the book Dune from Frank Herbert. I love SciFi.
Praying for a speedy recovery. Have you read The Expanse novels? Great series.

Speedy recovery to you and be patient about returning to your work shop. Good to see you are reading 'Dune'. SciFi is the best whether book or movie. I have now gone to the cinema threes time to watch 'Dune part 2" best to see it in iMax. It's outstanding. Cheers.

Paul, Jim, Brad, ConsNZ, Kurt and shota thanks for the kind words. These are more then welcome. Also the likes are a warm welcome.

Praying for a speedy recovery. Have you read The Expanse novels? Great series.
No I didn't read them, Even the movie I didn't seen. I downloaded the ebooks of James Corey - Expanse (11) and put them in my reading list.
Thanks for the advice. 40 years ago I read a lot of SciFi books and seen every movie that was available. There are a few classics I still like to watch.
Phase IV, The Andromeda Strain, The Blob, Soylent Green, The Day the Earth Stood Still, The Thing with Boris Karloff but also the John Carpenter version is one of my favourites. The bladrunner I seen about 50 times, the phrases of Rutger Hauer in the end are magnificent.

Back