current build images Your actual Ship Modeling Project - briefly introduced at a glance -> present it here

Master Korabel Yawl - 1:72

4d196e7f88ff176be056b5647d973436.jpg

b5eee6001ca3178bea62dd4df164f9b1.jpg
Very nice little boat with all of the detailed accessories aboard. RIch (PT-2)

I think it is no surprise (and no discussion needed) that I'm not going conform with everything on SOS ;-) So I will be more or less quiet. But from time to time I might post stuff. I liked to be able to get in touch with some missed colleques though. I hope this is understand- and acceptable :)

@Stargazer: It is all pear.

cheers!

I never noticed it until you pointed it out. I put on a coat of some old shellac that I had and it went on unevenly. I tried a grey Scotchbrite pad but it didn't take it off. A little more aggressive sandpaper is needed I think.

ich suche die bauzeichnung für das segelschiff mistique 1750 polacca-sciabecco scala 1:50 sm 21 Fa.Krick( Corel )

I'm looking for the construction drawing for the sailing ship Mistique 1750 Polacca-Sciabecco Scala 1:50 SM 21 Fa.Krick ( Corel )

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are a couple of pics of the boat I am currently working on. It is called the Mirage from the manufacturer Corel-Figure1
I tried my best to show the progress. The lower ratlines are completed and I am currently working on the upper shrouds. It's a little tricky because I am trying a new knot for the upper deadeyes. The idea is to use a single piece of rope to tie both the deadeye and the hook that attaches the deadeye to the futtock stave. Figure2 shows a detail of what I am trying to do. It makes for a lot cleaner look, I think.

image1.jpgimage3.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a pic of the topmast spritsail.
It was a little tricky setting this up. I made a biscuit joint between the bowsprit and the small piece that supports the topmast. It turned out pretty good because it is quite solid. Just a note. Can you imagine the poor soul that had to climb the bowsprit to get to the topmast to open up the spritsail!

image2.jpg

Last edited:
My current project is a long term bash of the DeAgostini kit of HMS Sovereign of the Seas. Many changes to the design based on historic sources have resulted in some major changes to the kit design, and a lot of internal details are planned, including fully rigged gun carriages and the major internal fittings on all decks, scratch made sails, and eventually 3-D resin printed decorations that will be coated in gold leaf. The original vessel had major internal changes in two refits, such that the internal decks were raised and gallery decorations removed and modified. It was evident that the kit placed the decks in positions found after 1660, and I am trying to recreate the ship in the configuration that it was in when it was launched in 1635. Only bits and pieces of information are available, presenting several challenges in determining the original ship's appearance. Currently the model is undergoing work on the internal fittings and armaments of the lower gun deck.

427 Progress so Far.jpg

428 Progress so Far.jpg

Last edited:
Back