YQ Bluenose by Johan [COMPLETED BUILD]

Dear Johan. In three words: "She is magnificent!" I am so fortunate to have been privy to this amazing journey that you have undertaken; not only that, but also to have witnessed the growth of you as a model builder (personal confidence levels, skill sets, willingness to try new things and experiment with others, interpret instructions/build plans etc.) has been an absolute honor. You have created a model which easily holds her own against the other magnificent Bluenose builds and one which carries your personal signature. You can indeed be very proud of what you have achieved with Bluenose, and I can tell you now - it is going to take one hell of a build to better this one! Petje af!

Dear Johan. In three words: "She is magnificent!" I am so fortunate to have been privy to this amazing journey that you have undertaken; not only that, but also to have witnessed the growth of you as a model builder (personal confidence levels, skill sets, willingness to try new things and experiment with others, interpret instructions/build plans etc.) has been an absolute honor. You have created a model which easily holds her own against the other magnificent Bluenose builds and one which carries your personal signature. You can indeed be very proud of what you have achieved with Bluenose, and I can tell you now - it is going to take one hell of a build to better this one! Petje af!
Good afternoon Heinrich. Man it good to hear from you again . I echo everything you said about Johans BN. Cheers Grant

Thank you so much, Heinrich, for your more than kind words and compliments, they are gracefully accepted and truly appreciated.
As you are aware, I was very hesitant in starting this Bluenose journey, doubting, not knowing my capabilities. Once I finally committed myself, I found inspiration and advice, here on SOS and with the help of quite some friends, I was able to build her as she stands now; tall and proud, with many a deviation from the original drawings and instructions.
YQ provided a solid foundation upon which one can freely improvise, so a thank you to YQ is also appropriate.
Last but not least, a big thank you for you; you were among those who provided guidance, motivation and even hardware and workshops throughout the entire build. I genuinely believe that sharing one's progress here on SOS and accepting the reviews of your fellow builders strongly improves the quality of one's build.

In my picture folder I came across this comparison between my interpretation of YQ's Bluenose (left) and YQ's view of the same model on the right.
So happy I did all those customizations.

View attachment 436770
Hello Johan, She sure dose look great, all of those details sure makes your YQ-Bluenose one of a kind. Congratulations on a job well done.

Regards Lawrence

Hello Johan, She sure dose look great, all of those details sure makes your YQ-Bluenose one of a kind. Congratulations on a job well done.

Regards Lawrence
Sono perfettamente d'accordo con Lawrence (Canoe21).
Johan ha fatto un lavoro magnifico.

In genere provo molto gusto a vedere due modelli navali in scala a confronto, le piccole differenze suscitano sempre il mio interesse.

I completely agree with Lawrence (Canoe21).
Johan did a magnificent job.

Generally I get a lot of pleasure from seeing two scale naval models compared, the small differences always arouse my interest.

I totally agree with Lawrence (Canoe21).

I generally enjoy seeing two scale ship models compared, small differences always arouse my interest.

Generally I get a lot of pleasure from seeing two scale naval models compared, the small differences always arouse my interest.
Hello Alessandro, I am pleased that you agree with me and that Johan did a wonderful job on his now complete YQ-Bluenose.
Regards Lawrence

Regards Lawrence
Sono perfettamente d'accordo con Lawrence (Canoe21).
Johan ha fatto un lavoro magnifico.

In genere provo molto gusto a vedere due modelli navali in scala a confronto, le piccole differenze suscitano sempre il mio interesse.

YQ supplies you with a rather sound base model upon which you can add your own customizations.
The Bluenose POF Group Build shows quite a few examples of how that may work out. It definitely was a fun kit to build.

Back