YQ Bluenose by Johan [COMPLETED BUILD]

Good morning Johan. I was thinking…..when is a new model log from Johan coming?? Or maybe your new organ is stealing our viewing time ;) . Cheers Grant
For now no new RDN1954 build log; first my new organ is a very demanding instrument ;) and second I am looking for a model which really catches my attention. So far I don't even have a shortlist, initially I was attracted to a skeleton P51D Mustang model, but that kit is no longer available. Currently under development is a skeleton F4U Corsair model, without a firm release date. Other options were various Dutch ships from the haydays of Dutch shipbuilding, but, while impressive in their own rights, they don't ignite even a little desire to build one.
Summarizing: I am totally and utterly undecided.

Dear fellow shipwrights,
Today marks the end of a remarkable journey; I declare my Bluenose POF build as being completed!
Before I started this build I had a few misgivings; it was quite some time ago I tried anything related to modelling, other than restoring a BB Bluenose kit to it's former glory, plus I never did anything like building plank on frame. Therefore I was very reluctant to order the YQ POF-kit. Luckily there was SOS, with many examples sailing around from which I could take away many ideas, often sound advice and not to forget the frequent compliments and words of encouragement.
It became a build not completely according to the build instructions or drawings; I added quite a bit of details, the most worthy of note are the 3D printed engine, rudder mechanism, anchor and barrels, the lights, both in the various compartments, the navigation lights and the lights, dressing the ship and not to forget the sails.
I have a lot of people to thank for their help, with parts, with advice, with lending tools, drawings, etc... I hope no one feels offended, but I'm not going for the trap to actually start mentioning them, that's bound to not going to end well, since I am prone to forget quite a few.
Other noteworthy occurrences were the DBBS meetings, which allowed the participants to share their experiences and show the models to one another, in the meantime enjoying a nice cup of coffee and lunch.
As you may know, I still don't have selected a next build, I really don't know what to start, but I'm sure I'll find something which catches my fancy.
As a parting gift of sorts, a few pictures from my interpretation of the YQ Bluenose kit:

IMG_1056.jpeg

IMG_1051.jpegIMG_1070.jpeg

IMG_1093.jpeg

Johan, she's a stunning beauty! I count myself as very lucky to have had your guidance on this build, thank you for sharing your work. I will be counting on your continued monitoring of this site if for nothing else, the pleasure of comradery, dialog, and good old fashion constructive criticism.

Dear fellow shipwrights,
Today marks the end of a remarkable journey; I declare my Bluenose POF build as being completed!
Before I started this build I had a few misgivings; it was quite some time ago I tried anything related to modelling, other than restoring a BB Bluenose kit to it's former glory, plus I never did anything like building plank on frame. Therefore I was very reluctant to order the YQ POF-kit. Luckily there was SOS, with many examples sailing around from which I could take away many ideas, often sound advice and not to forget the frequent compliments and words of encouragement.
It became a build not completely according to the build instructions or drawings; I added quite a bit of details, the most worthy of note are the 3D printed engine, rudder mechanism, anchor and barrels, the lights, both in the various compartments, the navigation lights and the lights, dressing the ship and not to forget the sails.
I have a lot of people to thank for their help, with parts, with advice, with lending tools, drawings, etc... I hope no one feels offended, but I'm not going for the trap to actually start mentioning them, that's bound to not going to end well, since I am prone to forget quite a few.
Other noteworthy occurrences were the DBBS meetings, which allowed the participants to share their experiences and show the models to one another, in the meantime enjoying a nice cup of coffee and lunch.
As you may know, I still don't have selected a next build, I really don't know what to start, but I'm sure I'll find something which catches my fancy.
As a parting gift of sorts, a few pictures from my interpretation of the YQ Bluenose kit:

View attachment 410007

View attachment 410008View attachment 410009

View attachment 410006
Good morning Johan. Way to go!!! A beautiful rendition of the famous Bluenose schooner. It has been a fabulous journey and I am grateful to have been able to share it with you. Cheers Grant

Congratulation wit the finishing of this amazing graceful model equipped with all kinds of beautiful details, not in the least the set of superb sails.
For now enjoy your new organ and let's hope you find a new inspiration to start a build log again.

Mooi werk Johan,
En zeer goed gedaan , veel respect op de manier hoe je alles vormgegeven hebt

Ik had al veel foto’s gezien tijdens onze “Memorabele road trip” afgelopen weekend”
Op deze wijze kan ik ook aan het thuisfront tonen

Nice work Johan,
And very well done, much respect for the way you designed everything.

I had already seen many photos during our “Memorable road trip” last weekend”
In this way I can also show it to the home front.

Greetings
Henk

Congratulations Johan! MAGNIFICENT comes to mind...

A model to be truly proud of Johan, well done indeed!

Wow, amazing model Exclamation-MarkOkay
Congratulations Johan:)

Johan, she's a stunning beauty! I count myself as very lucky to have had your guidance on this build, thank you for sharing your work. I will be counting on your continued monitoring of this site if for nothing else, the pleasure of comradery, dialog, and good old fashion constructive criticism.

Congratulations. Amazing build, beautiful journey.

Gefeliciteerd Johan, een prachtig schip is het geworden. En vol in het zeil is toch erg prachtig om te zien.

Congratulations Johan, it's become a beautiful ship. Full in sail it is magnificent to look at.

Good morning Johan. Way to go!!! A beautiful rendition of the famous Bluenose schooner. It has been a fabulous journey and I am grateful to have been able to share it with you. Cheers Grant

Congratulations with the finish of your Bluenose under full sail!
Regards, Peter

My Congratulations for finishing this beautiful model
Very good work
After the model is before the model - I am looking forward to see your next project

Congratulation wit the finishing of this amazing graceful model equipped with all kinds of beautiful details, not in the least the set of superb sails.
For now enjoy your new organ and let's hope you find a new inspiration to start a build log again.

Mooi werk Johan,
En zeer goed gedaan , veel respect op de manier hoe je alles vormgegeven hebt

Ik had al veel foto’s gezien tijdens onze “Memorabele road trip” afgelopen weekend”
Op deze wijze kan ik ook aan het thuisfront tonen

Nice work Johan,
And very well done, much respect for the way you designed everything.

I had already seen many photos during our “Memorable road trip” last weekend”
In this way I can also show it to the home front.

Greetings
Henk

Y’all,

Thank you so much for your congratulations, it’s highly appreciated.
This build turned out a lot better than I originally anticipated, with way more detail than I ever thought I would implement, but also with a lot of imperfections I didn’t plan and which I’m not going to point out…

With kind regards,

Johan

Such a grand build of this kit and your version of the historic ship.

With the holidays approaching your final shot with full lighting looks like one of the ships in harbor lit up for the holiday harbor festival sail they have at the lake here. Some only light up in docks and others light up while sailing around the lake and harbor as dusk.

Hello Johan, Congratulations on the excellent job you did on your YQ-Bluenose, She sure dose look MAGNIFICENT with all of that very fine detail that you have so skillfully added. Now you can sit back and be very proud of your great accomplishments. WELL DONE.
Regards Lawrence
Thanks so much, Lawrence. I can honestly say I ám proud and very happy with how well she turned out. It was one heck of a journey.
Such a grand build of this kit and your version of the historic ship.

With the holidays approaching your final shot with full lighting looks like one of the ships in harbor lit up for the holiday harbor festival sail they have at the lake here. Some only light up in docks and others light up while sailing around the lake and harbor as dusk.
Hello Kurt, thanks for your visit and your kind words. The lights are right on the mark and surpass my expactations. Together with the festive season lighting it paints a beautiful picture.

Back