YQ Bluenose by Johan [COMPLETED BUILD]

Good morning Johan. He is really cool. That is a fantastic close up of the bow of your BN as well love the sail stitching and all the rope work etc. So what did you use for the line - truth be told. ROTF . Cheers Grant
Thanks Grant. She's turning out to be way above my expectations.
The line is 0,12mm dia serafil; I didn't dare catch a blonde for an even thinner line...

Progress is slow, it's the infamous "laatste loodjes" (final stretch)...
Today saw the installation of some equipment forward of the aft cabin; a few barrels, secured to the frontwall of the aft cabin and three oil drums in their own cradle, also fwd of the aft cabin.
The crew in the mean time saw fit to haul a replacement fwd topsail on deck. I honestly don't see what's wrong with the topsail set. I really need to show them who's the boss around here. That mess on deck is totally unnecessary...

The barrels and oil drums:
IMG_1017.jpeg

On the foreground the barrels and drums and, next to the bilge drain pump and the aft cargo hatches, the fwd main topsail, ready for heavens know what.
IMG_1022.jpeg

Those tiny details make the model alive, well done.
I'm with Stephan. These small details bring the model to life!
Superb details Johan. Love the oil drum effort.
Lots to look at on deck Johan, very eye-catching. Well done!
Steef, Paul, Dan, Mark,
Thanks for the rather nice remarks, it's appreciated.
Definitely true; adding those bits and pieces makes it a much more appealing model, the only drawback being that it's rather time-consuming. Fortunately, being retired has it's perks...

Today saw the installation of some equipment forward of the aft cabin; a few barrels, secured to the frontwall of the aft cabin and three oil drums in their own cradle, also fwd of the aft cabin.
The crew in the mean time saw fit to haul a replacement fwd topsail on deck. I honestly don't see what's wrong with the topsail set. I really need to show them who's the boss around here. That mess on deck is totally unnecessary...

View attachment 407974

On the foreground the barrels and drums and, next to the bilge drain pump and the aft cargo hatches, the fwd main topsail, ready for heavens know what.
View attachment 407972
A nice completion on the deck.
Fortunately, being retired has it's perks...
...... and no new model on the desk .............. time for more ad-on's .......
Regards, Peter

View attachment 407974

View attachment 407972
Good morning Johan. Wow, all these little details are adding so much to an already beautiful BN. Baie Mooi !! Cheers Grant

Good morning Johan. Wow, all these little details are adding so much to an already beautiful BN. Baie Mooi !! Cheers Grant

These details are outstanding and love the fishermen! Such a pleasure to see! :)

Grant, Peter,

Thanks for your kind observations.
Agreed, these details really do make a difference; they make my not so exemplary or outstanding build into real eye candy.
It also serves to emphasize the true size of the Bluenose; by selecting and using oversized hardware, the ship may appear smaller than she actually is.

Back