YQ Bluenose by Johan [COMPLETED BUILD]

I found myself revisiting some old Thin Lizzy songs recently. I get together with a friend who also plays guitar, at least once a week, and we started learning some of their old classics like The Cowboy Song and The Boys Are Back In Town. Both are great examples of using two guitars to create harmonies that are tasteful and melodic. And Phil Lynott was a great singer in my opinion. So I really enjoying playing the classic tunes! ;)
Playing music and experimenting with chords and harmonies is fun. I once heard a couple of Canadians playing guitar with the late Rick van der Linden on organ. The played (and improvised on) Bach: I was flabbergasted, truly epic.

Aha, I just realized I could read your reply in at least two and maybe three different ways...
Shows how pre-occupied one can be.
That is also the problem with a-social media: you do not hear the intonation and you do not see the expression of the speaker. Then a smiley doesn't help either......and Google Translate certainly doesn't help.......
Regards, Peter

That is also the problem with a-social media: you do not hear the intonation and you do not see the expression of the speaker. Then a smiley doesn't help either......and Google Translate certainly doesn't help.......
Regards, Peter
You lose at least 90% of the communication, when using telephone, e-mail, text messages and a-social media. That's why I highly prefer face-to-face communication when possible.

Ciao Johan, cercavo immagini del ponte e ho visto questa foto. Sono magnifiche.
Io preferisco lo scafo blue e rosso.

Hi Johan, I was looking for pictures of the deck and saw this photo. They are magnificent.

I prefer the blue and red hull.
The blue color was a stroke of luck; black was, well too black, so I experimented with a dark shade of blue and the rest is history... ;)

It never ends; every time you look, there's something else to add, as long as I don't have to do hanks and coils... :)
IMG_0951.jpeg
This a free interpretation of some old Bluenose pictures, the same ones @Peter Voogt used on his Bluenose build.
IMG_1494.jpeg
Some more drums are on order, lead time about three weeks.
I considered and tried some old fancied barrels, but those didn't convince. I like the somewhat more "industrial" look of the drums.
Still in work, but it gives the direction I am aiming for.

It never ends; every time you look, there's something else to add, as long as I don't have to do hanks and coils... :)
View attachment 403364
This a free interpretation of some old Bluenose pictures, the same ones @Peter Voogt used on his Bluenose build.
View attachment 403365
I considered and tried some old fancied barrels, but those didn't convince. I like the somewhat more "industrial" look of the drums.
Always nice to see some extra scratch building, Johan. And when not started a new model, you have all the time for ad-on’s on your BN.
Regards, Peter

View attachment 403364
View attachment 403365
Good morning Johan. That drum holder/box is brilliant! Now your deck is getting even more busy…love it. Cheers Grant

Always nice to see some extra scratch building, Johan. And when not started a new model, you have all the time for ad-on’s on your BN.
Regards, Peter
Good morning Johan. That drum holder/box is brilliant! Now your deck is getting even more busy…love it. Cheers Grant
The next model definitely will be the Roden Fokker DVII kit, but concerning a real next project, I am still undecided. Too many options and no inspiration yet.
The drumholder/box assembly is a nice add-on, plus it gives some equilibrium with the very crowded foredeck.

Dry fitting of the box assembly:
IMG_0953.jpegIMG_0954.jpeg

The next model definitely will be the Roden Fokker DVII kit, but concerning a real next project, I am still undecided. Too many options and no inspiration yet.
The drumholder/box assembly is a nice add-on, plus it gives some equilibrium with the very crowded foredeck.

Dry fitting of the box assembly:
View attachment 403665View attachment 403666
The barrels and rack are a great scratch add on Johan.

Back