ZHL Le Soleil Royal

Added the rear support brace number 23 for the poop deck and the front support brace number 22. Also added the external wall for the poop deck. In the parts list it’s number 67 but in the first part of the instructions it is number 57. A few pages later it’s number 67 again. 087D8691-EA44-41BD-AFBD-2BFB1308C941.jpegA316B7F2-1812-4FF6-83F8-D9D7CC370A47.jpeg02E815D7-EC91-4778-ABD9-11B5080B5B72.jpeg

Added the rear support brace number 23 for the poop deck and the front support brace number 22. Also added the external wall for the poop deck. In the parts list it’s number 67 but in the first part of the instructions it is number 57. A few pages later it’s number 67 again. View attachment 206447View attachment 206448View attachment 206449
Hello Jay
Be careful; if I remember correctly, the poop deck must be installed before #22

Hello Jay
Be careful; if I remember correctly, the poop deck must be installed before #22

Thanks for the tip Gilbert. I checked it out and it doesn’t look like it will be a problem for me.

Its been a few days since I have been able to get back upstairs to the build. Gilbertm had said I should install the poop deck before putting on item 22. Although I didn’t have any problems it is a point well taken and if you are going to do this model it would be much easier to install deck 31 and then part number 22. Thanks Gilbertm. Thought I would show my instructions and have no idea what it said about item 22. The hazards of not having a computer and not being able to access the CD.
So I am going to put down more planking and install more decks and get back with you when I have accomplished something. 56954073-BF65-4809-A62D-540EB679E827.jpegA836C5AF-D924-46FD-90A5-EA65598D9DC0.jpeg

Its been a few days since I have been able to get back upstairs to the build. Gilbertm had said I should install the poop deck before putting on item 22. Although I didn’t have any problems it is a point well taken and if you are going to do this model it would be much easier to install deck 31 and then part number 22. Thanks Gilbertm. Thought I would show my instructions and have no idea what it said about item 22. The hazards of not having a computer and not being able to access the CD.
So I am going to put down more planking and install more decks and get back with you when I have accomplished something. View attachment 207552View attachment 207553
Hi Jay
One additional thing: I felt that the angle of the poop deck was quite deep (leaning forward) so I have made a slight adjustment that you may see on my build log.
You may want to consider this.

Hi Jay
One additional thing: I felt that the angle of the poop deck was quite deep (leaning forward) so I have made a slight adjustment that you may see on my build log.
You may want to consider this.
Thanks Gilbert. I noticed that too and will adjust it.

Welp it’s been about a month and a half since I logged in here. I live in a National Park and things are back to abnormal again. We had the coldest temperatures in over a hundred and twenty years and the highest snow fall in our history. As usual power outages were frequent. So back to working on the ship. I was going over the directions I have and many of the pages are cut off and being in black and white when they refer to things in the blue circle or red circle or if some of the words are in I’m guessing yellow they are invisible to me. I took my cd to a few places to have the directions printed out in color but somehow it was corrupted and no files are showing on it. So I am sort of flying blind on this.
What I have done recently is done most of the planking on the decks. Put together most of the half cannon holders and painted them black. I also added pieces of 5mm wood scraps to the top of the bulkheads so that the two rear decks wouldn’t have so much of a cant. I also attached the four half cannon supports to part 51. Lastly I am starting to put together the cannon ports. CBBE3F2A-756B-4F13-AA41-710F11177F83.jpeg03D5F546-AD01-4085-95EC-56B4A0BDA609.jpegFFDBD924-FF5F-48B2-8022-8422BC461C48.jpegDC2AD80C-4329-43B9-9300-A4A65A2C974C.jpegE0A8112B-F031-437D-8F48-076206DABB55.jpeg

Welp it’s been about a month and a half since I logged in here. I live in a National Park and things are back to abnormal again. We had the coldest temperatures in over a hundred and twenty years and the highest snow fall in our history. As usual power outages were frequent. So back to working on the ship. I was going over the directions I have and many of the pages are cut off and being in black and white when they refer to things in the blue circle or red circle or if some of the words are in I’m guessing yellow they are invisible to me. I took my cd to a few places to have the directions printed out in color but somehow it was corrupted and no files are showing on it. So I am sort of flying blind on this.
What I have done recently is done most of the planking on the decks. Put together most of the half cannon holders and painted them black. I also added pieces of 5mm wood scraps to the top of the bulkheads so that the two rear decks wouldn’t have so much of a cant. I also attached the four half cannon supports to part 51. Lastly I am starting to put together the cannon ports. View attachment 219009View attachment 219010View attachment 219011View attachment 219012View attachment 219013
Go get ‘em, Jay! You’re on a roll!

What I have done recently is done most of the planking on the decks. Put together most of the half cannon holders and painted them black. I also added pieces of 5mm wood scraps to the top of the bulkheads so that the two rear decks wouldn’t have so much of a cant. I also attached the four half cannon supports to part 51. Lastly I am starting to put together the cannon ports. View attachment 219009View attachment 219010View attachment 219011View attachment 219012View attachment 219013
Hi Jay
Looking good
Hopefully Spring should be there soon
All the best

Hi @Jay...hope you guys start to enjoy spring weather soon. That LSR has so many decks, makes me think it can actually be a cruise ship. You are making great progress. I am sure you will amaze yourself as to how much proficiency you acquired after that first build. Keep safe my friend.

Back