ZHL Royal Caroline Kit, scale 1/30

I reckon this Royal Caroline kit would have to be the most detailed kit on the market in the world. Its just a superb model.

I think the same Brian.
Having this kit in front of me, and I can see, feel and be deeply involved in the true value of this fine kit.
I might be biased, but this kit is at the apex of all the other kits in the world.
Happymodeling
Greg

Thank you Maarten for the idea, now on with the chairs, I did'nt want to do something too fancy, so I painted and varnished them,

784.jpg
The chairs with the seats and backs painted,

785.jpg
another view,

786.jpg
five of the chairs varnished and painted one to be varnished,

787.jpg
chairs around the table,

788.jpg
another view,

789.jpg

overhead view,

Thanks Greg, Maarten, Uwe and Zoly, you are all too generous with your comments, I appreciate them very much,

Best regards John,

For a change I started constructing the Belfry and rails associated with it,

791.jpg
On my first attempt I managed to stuff up the sheave holes, so I decided to make new ones, sitting under the
belfry not yet glued,

792.jpg
Checking the sheaves for fit,

793.jpg
I decided to rebuild all the rails and the lower part of the belfry, cutting the other rail supports to length,

794.jpg
I also decided to fit the upper rail right across the belfry supports for strength, and then cut out the middle piece
later on, nothing is glued yet, just test fitting,

796.jpg
I also decided to add a bottom support rail for extra stregth, the unit is now glued together but not to the deck,

797.jpg
The belfry top now glued in place and having a dowell put in for extra strength,

798.jpg
All glued together,

799.jpg
I drilled up through the bottom of each stanchion and glued a 1.5mm piece of brass wire in each hole, you will
notice that the pins are longer on the outside and get shorter to the middle, this is so you can drill the outside
holes first and place the pins in the outside holes, then you can just tap the next stanchion lightly with a hammer
to mark where the hole will be drilled and then drill the holes, then do the same for the middle pins, once all the
holes have been drilled you can trim all the pins to the same length,

800.jpg
You can see the out side pin in the first hole and the second pin ready to mark where it will go,

801.jpg
the railing assembly temporarily in place,

802.jpg
overhead view of the drilled holes,

803.jpg
the two pins cut to size for the sheaves,

804.jpg
the sheaves pinned in place,

805.jpg
Now attaching the bell assembly, the bell I am I using is not the kit one, the one at the bottom is the supplied one,

806.jpg
after attaching the bell assembly and the etched name plate and one coat of varnish, still not glued yet,

807.jpg
closer look,

808.jpg
And a view from the other side showing the brass wire that I shaped out of some scrap wire that a lanyard will be
tied to for wringing the bell,

809.jpg
and the two fishing Davits that will go on the focsle deck,

Great work my friend....and btw I would also pin the pillars of the railing, just for stability....

Back