1/30 HMS Royal Caroline Build

I love the appearance of this rope material on the tackles, blocks etc.
To work in 1:30 has big advantages - everything is looking very realistic.
BTW: I am making in moment some research about use of anchor cables with the help of messenger - so I am studying your photos with big interest
If only we could put that level of detail into a model then shrink it down to 1:100 so it doesn't take up so much space.

If only we could put that level of detail into a model then shrink it down to 1:100 so it doesn't take up so much space.
Sorry for off-topic @modelshipbuilder65
In a world where everything big is valued, from transatlantic airliners to bank accounts, these masters offer a different perspective on things. For very small things. Less than a millimeter.
But very beautiful. Located near Prague Castle, this unusual museum exhibits wonders invisible to the naked eye. The microscopes on the tables are first seen when you enter. They are the ones that help you see a caravan of camels wandering in the eye of a needle, the Eiffel Tower on a mosquito’s leg, and the Lord’s Prayer on a human hair. Day of Lefties: your stories about relearning Undressed: a brief photo history of underwear How to properly eat Czech sausages in Prague Sedlec Ossuary: Temple of Forty Thousand Dead Most of the work here was done by Anatoly Konenko, who, unlike Lefty described by Leskov, was born not in Tula, but in Siberian Omsk. Konenko once made instruments for microsurgery, but then turned to the genre of microminiatures. Craftsmen like him develop their tools for work that requires extreme precision. The artist works on each work for a long time - from several months to several years. The work requires not only inspiration but also a precise hand - one wrong move and everything will go down the drain. I move from one microscope to another, and now I see a 35-page edition of Chekhov’s story “Chameleon” - a book measuring 0.9x0.9 mm. (The size of the letters in this book is 0.07 mm - Translator's note.) "Chameleon" is one of 200 micro books created by Anatoly Konenk

1721222065283.png

But why do all these masters love to deal with fleas so much? - I was surprised. The explanation was simple - it all comes from a story by Nikolai Leskov, popular in Russia and the countries of the former Soviet Union, which he wrote in 1881. Its title is “The Tale of the Tula Oblique Lefty and the Steel Flea.”

Back