Caf Model - New Kit 1/48 Le Coureur 1776

This is looking very good - so you put now the content of the original two boxes in one?
Or is it inside two inner boxes?

I'm a little surprised that there isn't more build logs with Le Coureur at SOS compared to the interest I noticed before the kit was released. For beginners like myself it is almost essential to watch other people's build logs of the same kit. Even a blind squirrel will find a nut once in a while so with a little luck even the most experienced modelers could be able to benefit from other build logs. It goes without saying, the more build logs the higher the chances to learn something. More build logs will also increase the activity level at SOS to an even higher level. This is also to the benefit for us all. Hence I would like to encourage everybody at SOS who bought Le Coureur kit - and have started building it - to start a build log in the group build (of course it goes for all builds but in particular for those i the group builds I think it would be good to have all aboard). @MickeR: I've stumbled over your build log for Le Coureur on a Swedish forum. It is of course good for CAF to have build log spread over as many fora as possible but for all us who are building it it is convenient to have as many as possible in the group build forum at SOS. Why not make a log here at SOS as well?

Edit: inserted '- and have started building it -'

Last edited:
I have to wait until I clear room in dry docks before starting construction of new ship.

Part of issue is packing of my shop area and move to new house, causing a work delay. Hope to have new work area up and running in a few weeks. To get some minor work back in progress on one of my 4 in work projects.

POUL, GOOD COMENT, AND NECESSARY ONE, I HAVE BOTH KITS ALERT AND LECOURER, AS STAED BEFORE WITH MY SKILL LEVEL I AM STARTING THE ALERT FIRST AS MOST MEMBERS HAVE SAID THE ALERT IS A LITTLE EASIER DUE TO ALL THE TEMPLATES, AND AFTER A WHILE I WILL START ON LECOURER

POUL, GOOD COMENT, AND NECESSARY ONE, I HAVE BOTH KITS ALERT AND LECOURER, AS STAED BEFORE WITH MY SKILL LEVEL I AM STARTING THE ALERT FIRST AS MOST MEMBERS HAVE SAID THE ALERT IS A LITTLE EASIER DUE TO ALL THE TEMPLATES, AND AFTER A WHILE I WILL START ON LECOURER
Yes of course, Don :) I realize now that I did not express myself well, I meant only those who has started building Le Coureur. I would have postponed building Le Courerur myself if only I had got the Alert a few weeks earlier.

I'm a little surprised that there isn't more build logs with Le Coureur at SOS compared to the interest I noticed before the kit was released. For beginners like myself it is almost essential to watch other people's build logs of the same kit. Even a blind squirrel will find a nut once in a while so with a little luck even the most experienced modelers could be able to benefit from other build logs. It goes without saying, the more build logs the higher the chances to learn something. More build logs will also increase the activity level at SOS to an even higher level. This is also to the benefit for us all. Hence I would like to encourage everybody at SOS who bought Le Coureur kit - and have started building it - to start a build log in the group build (of course it goes for all builds but in particular for those i the group builds I think it would be good to have all aboard). @MickeR: I've stumbled over your build log for Le Coureur on a Swedish forum. It is of course good for CAF to have build log spread over as many fora as possible but for all us who are building it it is convenient to have as many as possible in the group build forum at SOS. Why not make a log here at SOS as well?

Edit: inserted '- and have started building it -'
Well said, Poul! In addition, I'd like to encourage members participating in the group\s build conversations. Wile, you don't have\build a group build kit your participation is most welcome. Sometimes a comment from a member could be a game-changer and mostly welcomed one.
However, you need to become a member of that group in order to post and react. Simply, click Groups on the top menu on the main page.

1606191644595.png

Choose the group in which you would like to be a member. Here, below I choose the Bluenose Plank on Frame Group Build (as an example), Click group information.

1606191811184.png
you will have an orange button 'join the group'. Click on it, and ... bingo, you become a member of the BN group. Similarly, you can join any\all the groups, there is no limit! We need your participation in group build logs along with your regular build logs!

Due to the fact we are here in the Le Coureur from CAF topic I want to show also the screen shot of this group, ;)
so all members can see, that it is similar
aaa.JPG

With being member in the group, you are able to post replies, start topics and give like (which we all like).
Unfortunately the software is organized in such a way, and we are not able to change it
So there is no need or requirement to start a building log, when you are a member of the group - If you are "only" interested in these building logs -> get a member of the group

To everybody else, building this amazing and interesting kit model from CAF, I want to encourage to start also a building log and share your work and experience with the model - everything is helping and we want to assist us mutual.

@CAFmodel Happy New Year, Tom!!!
Tom: Have a Healthy and Happy Chinese New Year - Friday February 21st !
Alex R
@CAFmodel
Happy new year Tom. It’s the year of the ox, my Chinese birth sign.
Thank you very much.
There are many friends here
We have passed 2020. It's really the most unsettled year. Fortunately, we all spent it safely
2021 is the year of the ox in China. In the new year, I hope everyone can overcome the virus and let our life return to normal as soon as possible.
At the same time, I also thank all my friends for their support

Happy year of the ox
Tom

Thank you very much.
There are many friends here
We have passed 2020. It's really the most unsettled year. Fortunately, we all spent it safely
2021 is the year of the ox in China. In the new year, I hope everyone can overcome the virus and let our life return to normal as soon as possible.
At the same time, I also thank all my friends for their support

Happy year of the ox
Tom
I don't know the Chinese characterization for an ox but for me it is a strong, steady, and moving onward creature. Oh that I could such and not given to side temperments/distractions of life.

Rich

Back