1930 Bentley Blower by Aifix 1/12 build log

First time on all 4's!

4 out of 5 tires are mounted on the wheels, I had a little problem with the 5th and had to reprint it. The tires on my ref car have a little shine to them (armour all maybe?). I know it's not period correct but again, I'm aiming to reproduce a car built in 2019 so I but a little bit of floor wax on mine to give them a shine. I am more than satisfied with the result.

Last edited:
First time on all 4's!

4 out of 5 tires are mounted on the wheels, I had a little problem with the 5th and had to reprint it. The tires on my ref car have a little shine to them (armour all maybe?). I know it's not period correct but again, I'm aiming to reproduce a car built in 2019 so I but a little bit of floor wax on mine to give them a shine. I am more than satisfied with the result.

The tires looks great, François. And the last picture of your post ……… which one is yours? Great comparison.
Regards, Peter

Finished the cam cover today, complete with lockwire.

And fabricated the carburator guard out of aluminium and wire mesh.

And the real thing

Screenshot_20240304_221118_Photos.jpg.74e0ee4c247fc5de16fa59467196a859.jpg

Simply blown away by this build.
Surely a profound demonstration of the paradigm shift modern techniques and technology bring to the hobby.
BRAVO.

Thank you everyone for your positive comments.

So the mecanical aspect of the car is pretty much finished, a few odds and ends here an there but basically done. The next step should be the body but I think I'll procrastinate a bit more and work on the presentation side of the project for a while. I want to show case the car in a 1930's industriel environment, steel structured shop, old style lighting and maybe a few water pipes. I also would like to mount the completed body on a trolley, the same trolley that was used on the continuation series built in 2019. By doing so, all the extra details I added would remain visible. So I think I'll give these things some thought.

Back