Bluenose by Liebre

After the first attempt to make the railing, I removed it again, because there was too much tension on it, and a slight crack was visible, then everything was filled and painted black, but because I was not satisfied with the result, I removed it and started again because I wanted to see the wood in the railing again.

Attempt 2 is better

Railing.JPGRailing 2.JPG

After the first attempt to make the railing, I removed it again, because there was too much tension on it, and a slight crack was visible, then everything was filled and painted black, but because I was not satisfied with the result, I removed it and started again because I wanted to see the wood in the railing again.

Attempt 2 is better

View attachment 370322View attachment 370323
When something is not to your liking, you keep looking at it. Good thing you started over. Looks neat, Henk.
Regards, Peter

Thanks Johan and Peter

When something is not to your liking, you keep looking at it. Good thing you started over. Looks neat, Henk.
Regards, Peter
@Peter,

I read your articles in the magazine 'Modelbouwer' and saw how you solved some things with the Lee
That gave me ideas
And came to the realization that there are still more roads leading to Rome
Regards
Henk

@Peter, I read your articles in the magazine 'Modelbouwer' and saw how you solved some things with the Lee That gave me ideas And came to the realization that there are still more roads leading to Rome Regards Henk
Glad to hear that my article is helpful to you. Sometimes it is not related to a particular model, but more generally to model building and how certain materials or tools can provide a solution.
Regards, Peter

Hi Henk, your BN is looking great! I read and follow but don't have a lot of spare time to react on all the great builds on this forum.
Just wanted to let you know that you're making a great modelship here!

regards,
Peter

Hi Henk, your BN is looking great! I read and follow but don't have a lot of spare time to react on all the great builds on this forum.
Just wanted to let you know that you're making a great modelship here!
Thank you Peter
Nice for stopping by, we met last year in Duizel and I was (and still am) impressed by your ship.)
There are many talented builders here, where a small country like the Netherlands is well represented with their talents

My first wooden ship is trial and error and moving on, sometimes two steps back and a windshield, but good there is still progress

Now that the hull and deck are finished I am still charmed by the model and quite satisfied with what came out of my hands , learned a lot about ship names that I had never heard of before , so everything is new to me

The rigging is a completely unknown territory but I have a few good help lines here (Peter and Johan) where things are regularly exchanged

Greetings Henk

hat windlass assembly is starting to look good
Hey Johan,
It didn't look as good to me as I wanted
The Samson post is too much down ( too low ) so that the irons protruded above it
After placing the photo and again looking at the photos of all the others builders have looked, and then consulted the drawing (the wrong order...) and looked at it several times, I cut the irons and removed the samson post In the meantime made a new one which is longer, here in the house they understand
this not, but if I get worse about something that is not right and have to look at it, then I will change it

Greetings
Henk

Thank you Peter
Nice for stopping by, we met last year in Duizel and I was (and still am) impressed by your ship.)
There are many talented builders here, where a small country like the Netherlands is well represented with their talents

My first wooden ship is trial and error and moving on, sometimes two steps back and a windshield, but good there is still progress

Now that the hull and deck are finished I am still charmed by the model and quite satisfied with what came out of my hands , learned a lot about ship names that I had never heard of before , so everything is new to me

The rigging is a completely unknown territory but I have a few good help lines here (Peter and Johan) where things are regularly exchanged

Greetings Henk
Thanks Henk, much appreciated!
I know for a fact that my first model didn't looked far as good as your first wooden ship model. So, that's saying a lot of your talents.
We indeed met at Duizel, I remember you showed a few pictures of builds you did. Looked excellent tho. Keep it going, it's a great talent you have.

regards,
Peter

While the paint of the remade Samson is drying, the other parts of the foredeck are also painted.
I also use my airbrush (Model Air ) for the opacity for everything. color by Vallego , the latter has more pigment and is more suitable for a brush
I do not use white , but gray white because I think this is more suitable for the model
Removed all brass parts from the shiny brass by sanding with grit 1000 and provided with a wash

Due to the photo taken, it comes out a little lessROTF
The parts in a row
Regards
Henk
Items.jpg

In the meantime scratch made his little companion, to put the chain on later
To make it look less boring, adjusted and added some brass parts on both sides, which I still had as a spare from my submarine

Regards
Henk
View attachment 370984View attachment 370985
This is a real finicky assembly: quite a few parts, with preciously little room to work with.
One thing’s for sure, this takes a lot of patience. Kudos, Henk

Hey Johan,
It didn't look as good to me as I wanted
The Samson post is too much down ( too low ) so that the irons protruded above it
After placing the photo and again looking at the photos of all the others builders have looked, and then consulted the drawing (the wrong order...) and looked at it several times, I cut the irons and removed the samson post In the meantime made a new one which is longer, here in the house they understand
this not, but if I get worse about something that is not right and have to look at it, then I will change it

Greetings
Henk
Hello Henk,
When it doesn’t look good for you, then there’s nothing to it; redo time… Sick
In itself, the slightly lower than required Samson post wouldn't be too much of an issue, adding the ironworks for the windlass controls changes that, unfortunately.
One thing I've learned, while building this Bluenose; the more you deviate from the building instructions and the more you're influenced by examples from your fellow builders manipulate you to extend your boundaries, the more risk of re-do's you have.

Last edited:
Back