Bluenose - YuanQuing (1:72)

I'm about to embark on this wondrous adventure with a great deal of trepidation, but I feel confident with the help of all those in the group that have gone before me I'll be able to finish this task.

My Bluenose is #47, and it looks like it's on its way. In the meantime, I wait.

My Bluenose.jpg

Hi Rodney.
Nice to see you have started your build-log. Hope your BN will arrive soon. That is always a great moment, you can see, feel and smell all the parts.
In the next up-date of the BN-list, I will ad the hyperlink to your log (the 22nd).
Regards, Peter

Only three days to wait, and maybe you will have a fun busy weekend ahead of you.

I am sure you have a spot cleaned out in your shop just waiting for the sawdust to collect from the cleaning.

If you don't have a set already, suggest you get a set of picks to help clear out the CNC slots. It takes some time for that alone.

Only three days to wait, and maybe you will have a fun busy weekend ahead of you.

I am sure you have a spot cleaned out in your shop just waiting for the sawdust to collect from the cleaning.

If you don't have a set already, suggest you get a set of picks to help clear out the CNC slots. It takes some time for that alone.
Thanks for the tip.

Here is what I was talking about, cleaning the grooves.

You can go to most any tool store and get cheap set of "dental picks" or what ever they call them.

They come in handy for other parts of build as well.

Photo copied from another build log, not mine.

1641942017358.png

Hi Rodney. It is great to hear that she is so close now. On Bluenose, you will not need any picks to clean out CNC debris, because the kit is laser-cut not CNC. :) You will, however, need plenty of sandpaper and a great set of files to remove the char and for beveling the frames. ;)

Hi Rodney. It is great to hear that she is so close now. On Bluenose, you will not need any picks to clean out CNC debris, because the kit is laser-cut not CNC. :) You will, however, need plenty of sandpaper and a great set of files to remove the char and for beveling the frames. ;)
Well, sandpaper and files I have plenty of. Maybe a lifetime supply of sandpaper. I used to do a good bit of woodworking and bought it in bulk. Can't say my files are "great" just run of the mill. Any suggestions there?

Rodney, i also have very ordinary files, but the guys say that Permagrit Files are apparently the bees knees.

Oeps Heinrich. The deck beams are! But I did not have to clean the grooves. Just cut them loose.
CDDA2AF6-E0B7-4771-9CAD-3A1EAA7F126B.jpeg
The black on the inside is shadow, no char.
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
Back