Bluenose

After having posted my acrylic dust cover and two acrylic supporting "saddles" for the hull and dory boat with the sail I realized that I should have done that in this log. So here I go again in a duplicate post.
As I recall I posted the support for the schooner hull which allows me to reposition the hull:
View attachment 274677
My thought was to have an adaptable support with as much transparency as feasible. There is an additional acrylic channel for the dory with sail:
View attachment 274678
This dory has a trawl line aft to a marker float. Short lines for hooks and catch will be added to the trawl line before the dory presentation is set. By moving the dory around I can show the scale of both vessels:
View attachment 274679
When done and the dust removed both will be placed under the large five-sided box dust cover. I don't have proper lighting for photos or space other than above the den computer but the transparency of the cover is what I wanted. When the sailed dory is finished I will rotate the box up and slide the dory beside the schooner.View attachment 274681
Great work Rich, and well done! Thumbsup

Great work Rich, and well done! Thumbsup
In spite of the poor lighting in the room where the schooner and case are set, I will post a photo that I noticed shows the scale of the schooner compared to the dory which brought it more strongly to my mind of how large it was. The dory is the key as there were two crew in each one and alongside the schooner it gives a good understandingBluenose Scale Comparison Photo.jpgAt least in my head. Rich.

In spite of the poor lighting in the room where the schooner and case are set, I will post a photo that I noticed shows the scale of the schooner compared to the dory which brought it more strongly to my mind of how large it was. The dory is the key as there were two crew in each one and alongside the schooner it gives a good understandingView attachment 275460At least in my head. Rich.
An great idea though. Perspective is everything, and having the dory there to emphasis the scale of the schooner, and vice versa, is inspired Thumbsup
- Mark

Looking very good - I love also the comparison of the size with teh small dory-boat - great idea

In spite of the poor lighting in the room where the schooner and case are set, I will post a photo that I noticed shows the scale of the schooner compared to the dory which brought it more strongly to my mind of how large it was. The dory is the key as there were two crew in each one and alongside the schooner it gives a good understandingView attachment 275460At least in my head. Rich.
One can clearly see she's loaded with a fresh catch of cod, ready to sail to port and unload, only to return for more.

Now, to complete the display is an angular plexiglass piece to show my coins related to Bluenose from the initial dime of 1937 though the 2021 100th commorative dimes and silver dollar. After touchup filing of the cutouts in an overlay piece I am securing that to the lower angle:
And once in place a second cutout plate was added and the presentation placed under the dust cover of the model:
Canadian BN Coins Display.jpg Search
Canadian NB Centennial Coins Display.jpg

Attachments

• BN Canadian Coins Display Piece.jpg
    BN Canadian Coins Display Piece.jpg
    377.5 KB · Views: 4
Back