CAF 1/48 Scale La Renommee 1744

Been working port side bracing angle frames and ceiling...lots of learning experience, missing 1 set of angles that CAF is sending. Starting on Star Board side now. Also Tom at CAF gifted me with the La Renommee Gun kit, which I will do a separate log on

flr.jpg

flr2.jpg

flr3.jpg

flr6.jpg

flr7.jpg

flr8.jpg

gun2.jpg

gun1.jpg

Been working port side bracing angle frames and ceiling...lots of learning experience, missing 1 set of angles that CAF is sending. Starting on Star Board side now. Also Tom at CAF gifted me with the La Renommee Gun kit, which I will do a separate log on

View attachment 391828

View attachment 391829

View attachment 391830

View attachment 391831

View attachment 391832

View attachment 391833

View attachment 391834

View attachment 391836
Good morning Paul. The inner planking looks really good to me. I look at the many POF builds going on here and I shake my head and wonder if I will ever build one. Respect. Cheers Grant

Didn't like the sheen of the original poly i used, which was a clear satin, so I re sanded the inner hull, and applied a "warm satin" that gives it a much more period like sheen. Also began attaching Mast steps and Brest Hooks, still 3 in the stern to do. Also, of importance is the jigs that CAF included(need to be built), that are used to mark the correct height for the lower deck beams. Took me a while to figure this out, based on the directions. There will be more of these jigs as we work our way towards the stern

inner14.jpg

inner15.jpg

inner16.jpg

inner17.jpg

inner18.jpg

inner19.jpg

Using Jigs began laying lower deck beams. Here is a learning experience, not in the plans, had I built all the jigs from bow to stern first, it would have helped with exact locations of mast steps and breast works. CAF dosent show it in this order though, so some slight re-positioning of them

inner24.jpg

inner23.jpg

inner22.jpg

inner20.jpg

Using Jigs began laying lower deck beams. Here is a learning experience, not in the plans, had I built all the jigs from bow to stern first, it would have helped with exact locations of mast steps and breast works. CAF dosent show it in this order though, so some slight re-positioning of them

View attachment 402181

View attachment 402182

View attachment 402183

View attachment 402184
Good morning Paul. Way to go!! I definitely prefer the less shinny poly. This is great work. Cheers Grant

Back