CAF 1/48 Scale La Renommee 1744

Super, merci pour les infos. J'ai une Dremel pour le ponçage et je vais regarder pour me procurer les grattoirs.
Avez-vous une adresse à me proposer pour avoir des grattoirs de bonne qualité ?

Great, thanks for the info. I have a Dremel for sanding and will look into getting the scrapers.
Do you have an address to suggest to me to have good quality scrapers?

Hi Paul, nice progress and the ships onterior parts kit look great, especially the etched knee enforcements.
Like your temporary support bar around the stern frames,
But keep in mind the stern is slightly bollow. I would already create this shape in your support bar.
Bollowed? Bowed at the center?

Super, merci pour les infos. J'ai une Dremel pour le ponçage et je vais regarder pour me procurer les grattoirs.

Great, thanks for the info. I have a Dremel for sanding and will look into getting the scrapers.
I have mine from Dictum - very good quality, available in different sizes and also thickness

Bonjour,
J'ai trouvé ceci https://www.bordet.fr/racloirs-vastringues-c102x3735762
Dominique

Bollowed? Bowed at the center?
There is a curvature in the stern which is at the top different compared to the lower part. You can see that in the side view drawing in the space between the side frame and the center frame.
IS1.jpg
The space between the top side and center frame is smaller than at the bottom which means even the curvatures are different. This creates a stern with a slightly bollow shape.

Last edited:
There is a curvature in the stern which is at the top different compared to the lower part. You can see that in the side view drawing in the space between the side frame and the center frame.
View attachment 383746
The space between the top side and center frame is smaller than at the bottom which means even the curvatures are different. This creates a stern with a slightly bollow shape.
Ahh,,,,got it! Thanks! Yes, actually looking at the kit, I can see it from the side

What have I got myself into??? I have much more detail sanding and some corrections on the hull prior to beginning the internal structure.

Hi Paul. Yes, this build is certainly not one for the faint-hearted, but you are doing yourself proud. Now, forward ...!

Dear Paul. I have a lot of understanding of all the sanding/scraping and finishing work you are busy with. This takes me back to when I had to sand my fully boxed WB hull into shape. fact is, that the work you are doing now will determine to a very large extent the overall impact of the model, so, take your time. I'm rooting for you, and I know that all the hours of work you are putting in now, will be well spent on your way to a beautiful La Renommee.

Dear Paul. I have a lot of understanding of all the sanding/scraping and finishing work you are busy with. This takes me back to when I had to sand my fully boxed WB hull into shape. fact is, that the work you are doing now will determine to a very large extent the overall impact of the model, so, take your time. I'm rooting for you, and I know that all the hours of work you are putting in now, will be well spent on your way to a beautiful La Renommee.
Thankyou

Looking good my friend.

Maybe you should fix the longitudinal upper plank first as a next step, so you have a demarcation line for the diagonal inner planking?
Screenshot 2023-08-10 092558.png

Otherwise you will have later on some gaps (green arrows) between this plank (red line) and the diagonals
int.jpg

Just an idea

Back