CAF Models La Salamandre...1:48 My Attempt

I had a quick squizz on ZHL's website at Salamandre ...

CAF 2.png

I had a quick squizz on ZHL's website at Salamandre ...

View attachment 165471

I will suggest you write directly to Max (ZHL MODEL) or buy it at eBay because he has the last one 2.0 section of La Salamandre on sale at eBay. It is the full model.

EBay Max description :

La Salamandre 1752 with 2 lifeboat Scale 1/48 40" Full Rib model ship kits

This is my last one of this style left

Features
  • Scale 1/48
  • Length 1000 mm 40" (ship body length 650)
  • Width 540 mm 21.2"(ship body width 190)
  • Height 840 mm 33 (ship body height 170)
  • 12 inch 25 pound bronze mortar *2
  • 6 pounds iron cannon * 8
  • Full ribs with full internal structure
  • Full internal structures and detail
  • Master (museum)level wooden model ship kits
  • Weight : 8 kg
  • This is 2.0 version of La Salamandre
  • Very Complex model suit for expert and master level
  • the instruction most part is pictures, English explanation
  • With lifeboat
Spot sale,no necessary to wait!

Sell here is complete kit which included session 1 and 2 together

The first session included (2.0) (buy here) :
Building berth
Keels
Frames (ribs)
Hulls
Mainmasts

The second session included
Internal structures
Outfitting
Pulley
Cannons
Life boat
Mast

Cheers
Daniel

Last edited:
It is promising that they worry about the copyright issues now. However (in light of the latest happenings and nothing to do with the MSW dictatorship) I decided not to buy anything Chinese.
János

Language barriers... Several Chinese model company's purchased Ancre drawings and used those drawings to develop kits. This is perfectly legal when those models are for personal use. However, once they become kits "for sale", then a proper "commercial use" license must be purchased from Ancre. Due to language, legal and cultural differences many people in China (and elsewhere) did not know this. It was not intentional and not stealing.... it was by mistake. Uwe has helped to bridge that gap and these companies are now beginning to work together to obtain proper copyright licenses to produce their kits.

I am not sure why this has not been explained until now. It should not be a secret. There is no ugly underground pirate model building industry.

I have seen the very same mistake made by people living in the USA running small businesses who just did not understand the law. It is not a malicious crime, it is just a misunderstanding.

Regarding whether you can or cannot PURCHASE a model kit on the internet. As a CONSUMER, you can buy ANYTHING you want, and BUILD anything you want. There is no crime against this as long as it is for private personal use. If it can be legally puchased from Ebay, Amazon, AlliExpress or any other E-Commerce platform it is, by definition legal (International Free Trade).... If you are buying it for personal use to build your own model it is, by definition legal (Fair Use). Copyright issues are for the kit makers and sellers to worry about... not the consumer.

Do not let anyone tell you different.

Sail on.

Last edited:
Language barriers... Several Chinese model company's purchased Ancre drawings and used those drawings to develop kits. This is perfectly legal when those models are for personal use. However, once they become kits "for sale", then a proper "commercial use" license must be purchased from Ancre. Due to language, legal and cultural differences many people in China (and elsewhere) did not know this. It was not intentional and not stealing.... it was by mistake. Uwe has helped to bridge that gap and these companies are now beginning to work together to obtain proper copyright licenses to produce their kits.

I am not sure why this has not been explained until now. It should not be a secret. There is no ugly underground pirate model building industry.

I have seen the very same mistake made by people living in the USA running small businesses who just did not understand the law. It is not a malicious crime, it is just a misunderstanding.

Regarding whether you can or cannot PURCHASE a model kit on the internet. As a CONSUMER, you can buy ANYTHING you want, and BUILD anything you want. There is no crime against this as long as it is for private personal use. If it can be legally puchased from Ebay, Amazon, AlliExpress or any other E-Commerce platform it is, by definition legal (International Free Trade).... If you are buying it for personal use to build your own model it is, by definition legal (Fair Use). Copyright issues are for the kit makers and sellers to worry about... not the consumer.

Do not let anyone tell you different.

Sail on.
Being a student of Chinese history, I understand the concept of intellectual property never existed in the past in China. Copying someone else’s work was acceptable and even flattering for the original creator. In the West intellectual property is protected by copyright and patents which are abused with impunity anyway by well developed underhanded means and legal trickery. At it’s worst it stifles progress and development.

Last edited:
Here is an update on Salamandre. I started installing the frames a couple at a time and fair them close to the bevel line Inside the hull.
I marked out the double frames on the bottom of the building jig. With this I can make sure the frame is square to the keel. I also mark the bottom of the timber head as a check That each frame is the same height on both sides of the ship. The frames fit very nice in the jig, and working to the mid ship is working well for me.
I have been test fitting the keelson as i move along. I have all the frames with beveled notches installed, only the frames with square notches left.

AD58FC99-E144-465D-9FA5-299E78B4F168.jpeg1AA73208-BEDD-4785-AF6B-493A3F1D5FF5.jpegBA4EF0D3-AA58-41A4-8773-1738DF4A6213.jpegF482EA3B-62A2-49A1-82D5-8BB4D1B202E0.jpegFDEB7CC0-8A00-4591-9E3D-58F53B154530.jpegBABF7B9B-9043-496A-973D-78092583DEC0.jpeg41882AE8-66E4-4104-B3AB-BCB470E34FA5.jpeg

Moving along and pretty happy so far....to be continued.

Back