Cazador Xebec - OcCre 1:60 [COMPLETED BUILD]

The tone of the sails blends perfectly with that of the ship. Fantastic detailed rigging!!! Details at all scales complete a working look to the ship. Well done!!! Rich (PT-2)

Hi Dean,
A very good decision to replace the sail. They look great. Compliments to you, and your wife of course!
Regards, Peter
Thank you Peter! The ones they provided looked like they belonged on a toy! I will buy some sail cloth and have her make sails for the Bluenose. I just need to find a scaled pattern.

Thank you Peter! The ones they provided looked like they belonged on a toy! I will buy some sail cloth and have her make sails for the Bluenose. I just need to find a scaled pattern.
I will fit my Bluenose also with sails. We have the time to wait a moment. Who knows whats passing by.
On the other hand, when I bought Le Mirage from Corel, they doesn’t fit there kit with sails and I made them all by myself. Including the extra rigging. Good looking in documentation and use logica sense.
And the Bluenose II Saga gives a lot of information about the sails. When time comes and its necessary, I can provide you with some info ;).
When you Google on “Bluenose SAGA” you find already some scans from book pages from the rigging and sails.
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
Next step was to start rigging each shroud line working left to right so I could reach in to tie off. Being right handed it made the most sense. ;)
View attachment 204792
i had to make this sub assembly on the shroud pendant pulley...weird stuff!

View attachment 204793
...then I had to tension one side and I hung some hemostats on the right side to keep tension and attempt to even them. In retrospect I should have glued the lines in the pulley and then done it...hindsight!

View attachment 204794
...as you see, after tensioning the other side with 4 pulleys, they are not the same height, but it probably doesn’t matter to anyone but me...lol
Strangest rigging I’ve ever encountered! One side has 3 pulleys and the other has 4 and they are connected to 2 pulleys going through 1 pulley! So one shroud line has 8 pulleys needed to tension! Madness!
View attachment 204795
moving on to the next line I had to tension one side first again...
View attachment 204796
then I tensioned the 4 pulley side and the last one was easy in comparison!
One side done...back to making pulley sub assemblies for the other side. All will have to be rigged with tension lines going the opposite direction (mirrored).View attachment 204801View attachment 204803View attachment 204802
First of all, the ship looks amazing
A small question on which site you can buy a box with the blades for knives that are in one of the pictures. I have blades, but they wear out or break too fast

First of all, the ship looks amazing
A small question on which site you can buy a box with the blades for knives that are in one of the pictures. I have blades, but they wear out or break too fast
I purchased that years ago at a local hobby shop. I honestly don't remember where...sorry. :( Believe it or not, I need to order more blades myself! I usually go to Hobby Lobby or order online now.

Thumbsup Real beauty... Yeah. Currently I'm working on another project. but Cazador Xebec is waiting and I will definitely use your experience ... with your permission of course

View attachment 207441
Thank you! Absolutely... use anything I have done, that is part of sharing your build! I studied another build log before starting mine, by @paulv1958 . It helped prepare me for what was ahead. I have made too many changes to list, but I like personalizing my ships using artistic license. That is also why I tried to document as many steps as possible. Especially the rigging of the shrouds! I didn't have much to go by on that, mainly whatever pics I could find on other builds, and I had to really study the rigging plans. Best of success on your build and hope you make a log. I will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

I wanted to say that when I started this build, I honestly thought it would take me at least one year to complete it!
I started the beginning of October and it looks like I am on pace to finish the beginning of February, 4 months later! This is mostly due to the fact that I have been blessed to be able to work at home during the COVID pandemic. My employer and boss have been very understanding of the fact that me and my wife are older (58), and that she is high risk due to high blood pressure and asthma! I used to drive 2 hours a day in traffic (1 hour each way) to get to work. I decide that those 2 hours saved each day, would be used to work on the ship! I have worked a minimum of 2 hours a day and sometimes up to 8 hrs a day on the weekends! I have made many modifications and never sacrificed quality, just logged a lot of hours!!! As Ken would say, I burned a lot of midnight oil! ;)
So soon, I will be finishing this ship and log. A bittersweet moment!!!

Back