Charles Royal Yacht, 1674, Scale 1:64, by Woody Joe (Japan)

Nice, very nice, oh did I say nice! Woody Joe Kits. They are at the top of the food chain as I see. Pricey yes, but when you open that box, see the quality and that smell from the wood, oh Mommy. Will watch with interest. Ebony, bend and planking hull? You be a brave man. I assume, and we all know what that means? You are painting with wood. I love Pear, Box and Apple wood. Have only debated ebony once and after reading up on, well I was not confident enough to try. As for Woody Joe, love’em.
Rick
PS…..your subject matter makes for a most beautiful ship.

Are you still working on it, Jim? And, what's your native language? Russkiy?
Hallo, Vic! She is in a dry dock for time being, Another project was raised, then another... you know how this happened. Now Alert... I will definitely want to finish, it is the only rigging, for the most part, what's left.

I speak fluently three languages: Russian, Ukrainian, and English. Both Russian and Ukrainian are native.

Hallo, Vic! She is in a dry dock for time being, Another project was raised, then another... you know how this happened. Now Alert... I will definitely want to finish, it is the only rigging, for the most part. what's left.

I speak fluently three languages: Russian, Ukrainian, and English. Both Russian and Ukrainian are native.
That’s what I thought.

It is the same 'Slovenian' group. :p
And from other sources that I know, Icelandic is a greater challenge, but I only know one linguist who can approach it at an elementary level while being fairly fluent in Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian, and German. She has a remarkable ear to add to her tongue with those. I am just a dumb American who can pick up a few words and simple phrases in some of those. Rich

And from other sources that I know, Icelandic is a greater challenge, but I only know one linguist who can approach it at an elementary level while being fairly fluent in Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian, and German. She has a remarkable ear to add to her tongue with those. I am just a dumb American who can pick up a few words and simple phrases in some of those. Rich
You shouldn't be too critical to yourself, Rich. How many people who know different languages can actually build the models? But you can, and for the most part, it doesn't require to be a polyglot. Leave the languages to Google Translate, and be proud to be American.

Back