English Cutter Half Hull 1:32 scale by Mike 41 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hi Dave, this is the modifications I made for the hull extension and deck chamfer. The drawing is typical for all bulkheads.

Attachments

• Cutter_Half-Hull-Hull Extension.pdf
    187.1 KB · Views: 36
OK DOC TIME TO POOP, I HAVE HAD A BAD WEEK WITH KNEE SWELEWING LOT OF PAIN INCLUDING A PIA, HOPEFULLY GETTING BETTER SO I CAN GET BACK TO MODELING 1/2 HULL AND HARBOR DREDGE. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON

The aspen worked well for the deck planking, the strips were a little fuzzy coming off the saw I used 320 grit sandpaper to clean off the fuzz it was fast and easy. A few deck items will be added before the treenails. This is the progress photos.
IMG_3453.jpgIMG_3454.jpgIMG_3455.jpgIMG_3456.jpgIMG_3457.jpg

Mike: I would, but I have to con someone into drawing bulwark extensions on the bulkhead drawings first!!! :D:D:D
Check Kens latest post.
The aspen worked well for the deck planking, the strips were a little fuzzy coming off the saw I used 320 grit sandpaper to clean off the fuzz it was fast and easy. A few deck items will be added before the treenails. This is the progress photos.
View attachment 232821View attachment 232822View attachment 232823View attachment 232824View attachment 232825
Good looking deck. I love he cannon. MikeJ

Thanks Mike, I made the cannon to check for clearances in the gunports, looks like they will be fine. I will be adding the guns to the model.

Ordered my name plate today should have it in a couple days and then I can sign it. Cannons on the next one. 4 Pounders? I'll have to figure that out. I like you photos. You have nice shoes too. Haha. In the mean time I've cleaned up my work bench and I'm finishing up some other projects. keep up the good work. Aloha, MikeJ

GREAT WORK MIKE, I AM BACK AT THE HOBBY ROOM AFTER A WEEK OF KNEE PAIN WHERE I COULD NOT DO ANYTHING BUT ICE AND RAISED KNEE, WILL TRY NOT TO OVERDUE IT AS MY USUAL, PROGRESS SOON. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON

I found this that's talk about cutters of that time, was an Act of 1784, stating sail configuration and no more 2@ 4 pounders to avoid seizure. This came from my book, "Fast Sailing Ships" by David MacGregor.

View attachment 233008
Ken, Very interesting. I wonder why the plans show all the gun ports then? Unless they were looking to the future or were they squaire rigged on a top mast?

Thanks Mike, I take great pride in my shoes lol. I was going to use 4 pounders, but they looked too small, the mockup is a 6 pounder will go with that. I need to finish this project and my Ontario cross section I have been working on it off and on for two years.

Hi Don, sorry about your knee I have had problems with right hip and both knees but am trying keep the original parts as long as possible lol. I think Dave will join the group soon he has a lot of spare time on his hands and needs something to do.

Hi Ken, according to Chapman’s book she carried 12 @ 3-pounders, I will use XL 3-pounders lol.

THANKS GUYS, NO OPERATIONS ABSOLUTLY NONE IF I CAN HELP IT, PART OF AGEING THROUGH JESUES HELP IT WILL HEAL, HAVE ANOTHER DRS APPOTMENT NEXT WEEK ORTHPEDIC, GETTING BETTER BUT I TEND TO OVERDUE THINGS WITCH DOES NOT HELP, HUM DOC IS SLOWING DOWN MIKE S NEEDS TO GIVE HIM A TALK LOL LOL LOL. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON

ok.. cool I should see if I can find that book. whats the correct name for that book?

Hi Ken, the book is Architectura Navalis Mercatoria. The classic of Eighteenth-Century Naval Architecture by Fredrik Henrik AF Chapman the ship is on plate LX.

I spent all morning adding a waterway that will probably not be noticed. Since I did not do a particularly good job smoothing the filler between frames, I used a contour gauge and ship curve to make patterns. This is some progress photos.

IMG_3458.jpgIMG_3459.jpgIMG_3460.jpgIMG_3461.jpgIMG_3462.jpgIMG_3463.jpg

Back