french 64-gunner LE FLEURON in scale 1:48 by Joachim

Good morning, Giocchino, I ask the pissers in the gunboats I don't see them, why, on your work, I like it very much View attachment 289932
slightly off topic here in the building log
usually these urinals were installed between the gunports
f450t1137p47020n4_vswtcNXP.jpg
model made by Willi - hope it is ok to use your photo here to explain

f9202_005.jpg

Joachim - very good work on the deck planking ...... it will look very good - with or without the mentioned detail - btw: I do not think, that all ships had them

slightly off topic here in the building log
usually these urinals were installed between the gunports
View attachment 289938
model made by Willi - hope it is ok to use your photo here to explain

View attachment 289939

Joachim - very good work on the deck planking ...... it will look very good - with or without the mentioned detail - btw: I do not think, that all ships had them
Hello Uwek, why do you say out of the way? The gunboats under the first bridge have the pissers on the threshold.

Sorry Joachim....
Yes - you showed a correct cross section of the 74 gun ship - these are no urinals, but small drainage pipes that water eventually on top of the sill can be dewatered - they are visible only on the outer planking
Your logitudianl view is showing the La Renommee, which had no gunport lids
IMG_170712.jpg IMG_17071.jpg
IMG_170711.jpg

Everything is ok
I saw this old “toilets “ on ships the first time, so I learned something new. I think, this toilets are not in the plan of the Fleuron, so I think, I let them away

Everything is ok
I saw this old “toilets “ on ships the first time, so I learned something new. I think, this toilets are not in the plan of the Fleuron, so I think, I let them away
Good morning Giocchino, sorry after this post I will not bother you anymore, this is a very real 1644575869993.png

Everything is ok
You are right - these urinals, like I showed in my post #341 are not often shown in drawings and also not build by modelers, but they existed in addition to the known seat of ease at the gallion
In the planset of the Le Fleuron there are no urinals

the photo you showed is indeed a scupper for dewatering the deck

the drainage in my post #344 is also shown in the Le Fleuron plans directly under each gunport with a lid, please take a look at the red arrows

Unbenannt.JPG

from inside there is nothing shown

Unbenannt1.JPG Unbenannt3.JPG

also not at the cross section

Unbenannt2.JPG

(BTW: No toilette is here possible, becuase the gun would have to be removed, so that a seaman could stand in front of the gunport)

so we should refer here to the basic information in the 74 gunship where such a small drainpipe is visible

IMG_170712.jpg

Unbenannt5.JPG Unbenannt6.JPG

I just checked the model(s) by our friend @Jeronimo - also he did not make this small pipe at his battle stations

You are right - these urinals, like I showed in my post #341 are not often shown in drawings and also not build by modelers, but they existed in addition to the known seat of ease at the gallion

the drainage in my post #344 is also shown in the Le Fleuron plans directly under each gunport with a lid, please take a look at the red arrows

View attachment 290105

View attachment 290106 View attachment 290108

View attachment 290107

(BTW: No toilette is here possible, becuase the gun would have to be removed, so that a seaman could stand in front of the gunport)

so we should refer here to the basic information in the 74 gunship where such a small drainpipe is visible

View attachment 290109

View attachment 290110 View attachment 290111

I just checked the model(s) by our friend @Jeronimo - also he did not make this small pipe at his battle stations

View attachment 290105

View attachment 290106 View attachment 290108

View attachment 290107

View attachment 290109

View attachment 290110 View attachment 290111

Hallo Uwe,
Thanks you very much for the hint.
I overlooked this drainage.
I will change this immediately.
regards
Karl

4.001 (1).jpgDrainage.JPG

Last edited:
Days of planing and sanding are now over. The floor and the walls are slippery. I paint the walls in red ocher again. Then comes clear shellac on the floor and over the color of the red side walls of the second gun deck. So far, the shellac has proven itself very well. The wood color becomes pleasantly warm, and with a linen bag containing cotton wool, it can be applied very easily and, above all, evenly.

FFBFC3D2-BB80-483F-9280-FF59AA83E32E.jpeg

2900E217-8A43-48F1-A183-3D0E7BA3E21E.jpeg

FB1F5978-4262-48C8-965F-9C645F9B22A0.jpeg

7A2B4266-71D9-42F8-910C-19B0B9894AAC.jpeg

4BC216F7-ECCF-40E0-86D7-5531F791268C.jpeg

5387662B-5A34-469E-95F9-66312B8562A9.jpeg

E56CBBE6-4142-49F3-B8C0-193C28175EE5.jpeg

10 times in every case, the layers are very thin. Maybe 15 times. At the end, the floor of the ship has a clear smooth and brilliant surface and then I stop with the layers. It’s a work for some days with breaks for drying. On the pictures you see the result with 6 layers.

The wood is really getting a wonderful warm colour - great result

Days of planing and sanding are now over. The floor and the walls are slippery. I paint the walls in red ocher again. Then comes clear shellac on the floor and over the color of the red side walls of the second gun deck. So far, the shellac has proven itself very well. The wood color becomes pleasantly warm, and with a linen bag containing cotton wool, it can be applied very easily and, above all, evenly.

View attachment 294065

View attachment 294066

View attachment 294067

View attachment 294068

View attachment 294069

View attachment 294070

View attachment 294071
Dear Joachim
great progress, the ship looks wonderful

View attachment 294065

View attachment 294066

View attachment 294067

View attachment 294068

View attachment 294069

View attachment 294070

View attachment 294071

Hallo Joachim alias @Joachim
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Enjoy your special day

Alles Gute zu deinem Geburtstag - feiere schön