french 64-gunner LE FLEURON in scale 1:48 by Joachim

Very good progress - we have definitely nothing against, when you update your log much more often - so much to see.
PS: Do not forget to remove the compass house - it is laying close to the oven - which is looking btw great

The second gun deck is finished. All guns are standing and rigged. Tables, lamp cabinet, everything is in place. The next deck beams for the floor above are set with lateral wooden struts. Doors to the lateral toilets in the rear can be opened. In the rear, just before the tables, there is a single door in the room. It goes with a bulkhead/wall in the rear which I left out as it will be dismantled in battle. If I had put the wall, you could no longer see through the stern window and see the entire gun deck. That would also be a shame.

View attachment 361550

View attachment 361551

View attachment 361552

View attachment 361553

View attachment 361554

View attachment 361555

View attachment 361556

View attachment 361557

View attachment 361558
Hallo @Joachim
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Both Ships are built SUPER GUT. Is this Flecher the new supermodel, I have tried to get one, but until now no luck. I build the normal kit without crew. but transformed the model to be like a real one here in Spain. First I changed the bridge, then changed the single mast to a tripod mast, where now more radar equipment was installed plus more electronic equipment was added too. One of the Torpedo units was taken away too, to give space for more electronic equipment, as well the upper aft gun was changed.

01.jpg

Both Ships are built SUPER GUT. Is this Flecher the new supermodel, I have tried to get one, but until now no luck. I build the normal kit without crew. but transformed the model to be like a real one here in Spain. First I changed the bridge, then changed the single mast to a tripod mast, where now more radar equipment was installed plus more electronic equipment was added too. One of the Torpedo units was taken away too, to give space for more electronic equipment, as well the upper aft gun was changed.

View attachment 421643
I bought my Fletcher 2 years ago from a shop in Austria, couldn’t get it in Germany. The figures are from shapeways.com, they ship from Holland without customer tax. (Choose on the page marketplace, miniatures, figurines, then search for 1:144)

I bought my Fletcher 2 years ago from a shop in Austria, couldn’t get it in Germany. The figures are from shapeways.com, they ship from Holland without customer tax. (Choose on the page marketplace, miniatures, figurines, then search for 1:144)
Vielen danke fur Dein information. Ich bin jetz 80 Jahre alt-mit ein Diabetis -so kein Autofahren und so weiter. Glaube mein Zeit mit Model Bauen st forbei. Uber 30 Holz modellen, plast shife rund 15- Cutty Sark , Goch Foch (alte Freunde von Gocg Fuch) Termopyle, Flugzeug Traeger Hornet , Old Ironside, Wisconsin osv.
Aber nochmal vielen Danke. Mache ein Copy zum mein 1 klasse model Bau.
erste bild ist von Kiel -Kieler Woche 1966, die zweite mein 3 Grossbau -1985-87

ROTA- FLAAADEBESOG KIEL-40 MM.jpg

01 Norske love 1.jpg

Hello,
I've also thought about building a static ship entirely out of wood. But actually I'm more into the RC version with a plastic hull. And when I look at a construction report from you...hats off. Does every piece of wood have to be made from scratch? I take my hat off to your work but I don't think it's for me, I'm too impatient for that. But I always enjoy looking at your construction reports and I'm almost ashamed that I only build plastic kits.

Hello,
I've also thought about building a static ship entirely out of wood. But actually I'm more into the RC version with a plastic hull. And when I look at a construction report from you...hats off. Does every piece of wood have to be made from scratch? I take my hat off to your work but I don't think it's for me, I'm too impatient for that. But I always enjoy looking at your construction reports and I'm almost ashamed that I only build plastic kits.
Almost Everything is done individually. It’s a long term project. Maybe 5 years for the hull, maybe the same for a complete rigging. Advantage: you won’t build to many ships in comparison to “Revell buildings” :)

The cannons on the upper deck now have fittings. Many nuts, brackets, etc. are made of brass. The lathe is in use again. I have finished the first cannons. When I'm Ready with everything, I'll move on to the fastenings to the ship's side.

IMG_5985.jpeg

IMG_5984.jpeg

IMG_5983.jpeg

IMG_5982.jpeg

IMG_5980.jpeg

IMG_5979.jpeg

IMG_5978.jpeg

IMG_5977.jpeg

IMG_5976.jpeg

IMG_5974.jpeg

IMG_5973.jpeg

IMG_5972.jpeg

Almost Everything is done individually. It’s a long term project. Maybe 5 years for the hull, maybe the same for a complete rigging. Advantage: you won’t build to many ships in comparison to “Revell buildings” :)
Yes, it is a bit long-term to build a wooden kit -depending on the ship model. Generally, I build a 74 gunner or lig in 3 years. One to build the hull, another year to make the decks and then accessories- cabins, ankers, enretados, stairs etc,- and finally about a year to a year and halt depending if you build it without sail or with sails. I started with the fishing cutter from the Billing boat, which was fairly easy to build and prepared for RC. My first big build was Norske Lowe in 1970. It was NOT LASER CUT -so you had to use the old Hawcksaw (still have it). Next was Victory from Amaty which as well not laser cut and there was no direct instruction. It was on one of the 17 1:1 sheets, so you had half of your living room full of building plans was about 1980 -before laser cut came into the market in late 1980.
At that time and without too much money no professional tools in my toolroom. my first electrically driven tool was a Proxcome in 1998

Back