Galilee Boat kit from Scott Miller [COMPLETED BUILD]

@Vfordyce she's coming along nicely! The strakes you are on were by far the most difficult for me. They must bend in multiple planes as well as twist, and have a variable bevel to boot. You're doing a great job!

About the glue @Heinrich mentioned, I don't think it's anything to worry about. In a future step Scott has you coat the entire hull with CA so the existing glue will virtually disappear.

Glenn

@Vfordyce she's coming along nicely! The strakes you are on were by far the most difficult for me. They must bend in multiple planes as well as twist, and have a variable bevel to boot. You're doing a great job!

About the glue @Heinrich mentioned, I don't think it's anything to worry about. In a future step Scott has you coat the entire hull with CA so the existing glue will virtually disappear.

Glenn
When I read it again, I thought it was referring to the inside of the boat for a coat of ca. And thanks for the encouragement.

I just found this build and will be watching in the future. Nice job so far.

It might be too late for Vic, but a heavy coat of bees wax on the building frames might be helpful for not having your planks stick to them. You might even be able to use PVA glue instead of CA.

I’m starting the Galilee Boat by Scott Miller, a maker of excellent guitars. He makes boats and kits based on a boat from the First Century AD that was found at the bottom of the Sea of Galilee. This could very well be the kind of boat that Jesus plied the sea with during the early part of that century. This is how the recovered boat looks today.
Hallo Vic alias @Vfordyce
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Enjoy your special day

Happy birthday Vic. I wish you a year full of health and time to devote to your loved ones and favorite hobby!

Back