Geobukseon Known as Turtle ship (a Korean battleship) [COMPLETED BUILD]

I think that guy works in a factory...making two of those a day! ;)
He has to make his living... ;)

Hi Dean62 and Jimsky

The video is for sure a "sale video" from Young Modeler, the company who produce the kit. Just showing how you can build the model with simple tools. It is not oriented for modelers like you both, with your expertise.

The pictures on the manual have the same glue spots all around and nothing is stained. Just like out of the box. Could be the pictures where taken during the video recording.

On the manual I only have pictures and a few sentences. If I knew about these videos in advance, I am sure they would have been helpful. Because I have more info in a video than a picture.

My aim of posting them in my thread was to help others, who would like to built this kit. The basic assembling you see on them is 1000 better than a few pictures.

Cheers
Daniel

Hi Dean62 and Jimsky

The video is for sure a "sale video" from Young Modeler, the company who produce the kit. Just showing how you can build the model with simple tools. It is not oriented for modelers like you both, with your expertise.

The pictures on the manual have the same glue spots all around and nothing is stained. Just like out of the box. Could be the pictures where taken during the video recording.

On the manual I only have pictures and a few sentences. If I knew about these videos in advance, I am sure they would have been helpful. Because I have more info in a video than a picture.

My aim of posting them in my thread was to help others, who would like to built this kit. The basic assembling you see on them is 1000 better than a few pictures.

Cheers
Daniel
Yes I understand, I just couldn’t believe anyone would build a model that way! ;)

The shields look fantastic how are they held in place and what did you use to blacken them?

Thank you !!!

After blackening, you have to clean them with a cloth or whatever you want to use.

See picture. In the middle is a cleaned one. On the sides, as they came after a few minutes within the blackening solution. I always shake it before use.

CA glue was applied over the wood. With my fingers I shaped each one to make it as much as I could flat to the ship roof. Remember the roof is not flat.

20210826_175151.jpg20210826_175233.jpg20210826_175410.jpg

Cheers
Daniel

Last edited:
That roof is a stunner and your execution is simply wonderful.

Very good work - and the result is looking very realistic -> like iron protection plates Thumbsup

Back