GORCH FOCK by Mantua

Fantastic Riggen -this coming from a member of the Geog Fock Group, I have even been on board Her, a few times- the only little thing I personally am not happy- with is the weblinks between the Throuts, should be 2 to 3 times thinner than the throats. It makes it much easier to make the knots too. Sorry do not take it badly., the rest are magnifico. Bravo from a Georg Foch member.

Last edited:
Your Riggen is absolutely correct, as no sails will be added. To a small detail is that the Weblings between the throats are too thick. generally 2-3 times thinner-but this is my private note- so do not get angry. 50 years of building with more than 30 models

1565-JARCIA FIRME (7).jpg

03-1.gif

I am very happy to see, that you started already your new next project - and a very interesting with the Gorch Fock
Hi Uwe and Gibby. hear are some details -see link -of Gorch Fock 1 : _https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorch_Fock_(1933). She has under it life had quite a story. The original came to sea in 1933 and served in the German Navy until the end of 2 Nd world War -although the crew did what they could and sunk the ship in the baltic sea (near RUGEN) the Rusion raised her up and renamed her TOVARISHCH. She served here until Rusia's dissolution, where she then went to Ukraine. 1991. IN 1995 SHE SAILED TO NEWCASLE-UPON -TYNE OF A PRIVATE SPONSORS but they went bankrupt. in 1999 she was transported back to Germany-Wilhemshafen and later Stralsund and again renamed to Gosch Foch.2003.
today she is in very poor health and may be scuttled
in the meantime the German navy made a complete copy-Gosch Foch 2, which is still in service. I was aboard here in 1972 during the Kieler Woche
one of here sisterships: HORST WESSEL was confiscated by the US after the war and is now serving in uS under the name -USCGC EAGLE

Got the main deck finished and sanded down and ended up throwing some Danish oil on it. It makes the seams really pop since on this one I didnt put caulking lines. Got the cabin built that goes under the over hang at the bow of the gorch fock. I had to put some bracing on the inside because it was way too flimsy. It is place and glued and I'll pull the rubber bands off when I'm able to get back to it. Thinking I might put some 2x2 at the bottom of the perimeter of the cabin to help close that small gap.View attachment 328002View attachment 328003View attachment 328004View attachment 328005View attachment 328006View attachment 328007View attachment 328008

Thank you for that info. I just started the kit and I have all the frames glued in place and the center deck glued in place. I see you planked over the decks that were included in the kit. Does the cabin on the center deck that fits under the decking on the bow fit when you replanted the center deck?

Thank you for that info. I just started the kit and I have all the frames glued in place and the center deck glued in place. I see you planked over the decks that were included in the kit. Does the cabin on the center deck that fits under the decking on the bow fit when you replanted the center deck?
Planking over the deck that goes down did cause some issues, I had to sand down on the cabin that goes under the over having parts

W ciągu kilku ostatnich dni udało mi się udało i olinować dolne 3 jardy na przednim maszcie. Jeszcze 2 i koniec. Dodatkowy biegowy jest taki dodany tak samo jak główny maszt. ]
Wpaniała robota!
Gratulacje.

Back