Group Project Build: An English Cutter

Your right, my friend has horses and I know the vet is there a lot, sometimes you think he moved in. :)

Sugar is doing great, though she's a handful trying to keep her from running, jumping and being a very rambunctious dog. You couldn't tell she had made major surgery... :)

After thumbing though the Fast sailing Ships, It has a lot of history on this type of ship. There are many sets of lines one could use to develop models, a lot of exterior drawings, illustrations and photos. There are not much pictorial information on the interior of the ships, the author did talk about some of the ship interior but not to a great extent. All in all, I like the book, it was worth the gamble on buying it.

Thank you Ken for the update, we are all looking forward to this model progressing.

HI KEN, DO NOT MEAN TO PUSH YOU AT ALL, CAN YOU GIVE US AN UPDATE AS I AM ORDERING SOME BALTIC BIRCH WOULD LIKE TO PLACE FOR THE CUTTER. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON

on the first page I estimated the materials, and I don't see that changing.. hope this helps

"I have estimated that this project would cost about $30 US, as the materials can all be bought at such places as Hobby Lobby, Joann Fabrics and Michaels Crafts and your local hobby store. This is my thoughts on what materials would be required;
3@ ¼ inch plywood or MDF panels 12 x 24 for the ribs
3@ 3/16 inch basswood 3 x 24 sheets for the keel, frame and supports
2 or 3 sheets of 1/16 in basswood 3 x 36 sheets for the planking. The planks will be about ¼ inch wide, but some will have a nice curve and need more material."

I just came across your post and I'm very interested in this half hull project. I did something like this from the Nautical Research Guild. It was a planking tutorial at about $65 with all the materials. I went further than the kit and did some extra things like scarfing the keel and stem and locating the gun ports to make it look like Washington's warship, although it was still my interpretation. It took about three months and I had a lot of fun learning to spile planking correctly. I'm looking forward to filling my time till Trident comes across with my Alert

without further adieu.. The drawing are released.. Let me know when you find errors so I can update them. Im also pretty sure some of you will finish before I get to far along... all the drawings are actual size and need to be printed as such..

Attachments

• cut pattern rev3.PDF
    65.3 KB · Views: 94
  • English Cutter rev3.PDF
    693.1 KB · Views: 101
I AGREE DOC LOOKS SUPER TO ME AND AT THE RIGHT TIM AS I HAVE AN ORDER FOR 1/4 INCH BALTIC BIRCH COMING IN ON MONDAY FROM WOODCRAFTERS. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON

OK LET ME REVIEW SOMETHING THIS OLD BRAIN SOMETIMES TAKES A WHILE, IF I UNDERSTAND CORRECTLY THE SCLE IS 1:32 THE PATTERNS CAN BE PRINTED ON 8 1/2 X11 PAPER THE CUTTER IS ON 11 X 17 PAPER AM I CORRECT, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS OPPUERTUNITY FOR A UNUSAL BUT VERY GOOD BUILD LOOKING FORWARD TO MORE MEMBERS COMING ON BOARD. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON

Back