H. M. Bomb Vesel Granado (Victory Models) [COMPLETED BUILD]

A few notes on the kit.

The box contains several sheets of laser plywood. I usually threw these parts away and made new ones out of massive wood (walnut or ebony).

And most importantly, compare the shape of the timberheads (lighter square from the kit...), swivel gun pedestals or cleats.

(You can see my Proxxon MF70 converted to CNC. That was fourteen years ago...)

Radeksachta2.jpgkob.jpgkob1.jpgkob2.jpgschody1.jpgprid1.jpg

Last edited:
Several photos of work on the hull.

wales3.jpgwales1.jpgsvih1.jpgsvih2.jpgboky01.jpgboky02.jpg

Everything made of walnut (or ebony) and painted black. Fake scrap joints made with knife. White strips were paint black also.
Scuppers were made from hypodermic needles.

Radek

A few notes on the kit.

The box contains several sheets of laser plywood. I usually threw these parts away and made new ones out of massive wood (walnut or ebony).

And most importantly, compare the shape of the timberheads (lighter square from the kit...), swivel gun pedestals or cleats.

(You can see my Proxxon MF70 converted to CNC. That was fourteen years ago...)

RadekView attachment 276393View attachment 276394View attachment 276395View attachment 276396View attachment 276397View attachment 276398
Hi, great work!
I was wondering about your CNC mill. Did you install end stops on it? I have a CNC kit that I will be getting for Christmas, but it does not have end stops. Do you consider this a problem?

Hi!
End stops... It depends on conditions. If you will cut small parts in the middle of the crosstable and watch over machine whole production time, you don't need these. Otherwise, endstops are much more cheaper than destructed part of the machine or workpiece.
(My profession is something about PLC, automation, robots, etc. - so I'm little overprotective:))

Radek

Hi!
End stops... It depends on conditions. If you will cut small parts in the middle of the crosstable and watch over machine whole production time, you don't need these. Otherwise, endstops are much more cheaper than destructed part of the machine or workpiece.
(My profession is something about PLC, automation, robots, etc. - so I'm little overprotective:))

Radek
Me too I am concerned about crashing the axes or god forbid, milling into the xy table.

Hi!
The first photo shows my CNC MF70 in August 2008 :D
The second one shows poor-man endstops solution on my little bigger CNC Tron in March 2009.
Now I either use Chinese 3018 without endstops or use outsourcing on "adult" machines.
DSC07652.JPGkoncZ.jpg
Radek

Hi!
The first photo shows my CNC MF70 in August 2008 :D
The second one shows poor-man endstops solution on my little bigger CNC Tron in March 2009.
Now I either use Chinese 3018 without endstops or use outsourcing on "adult" machines.
View attachment 276599View attachment 276600
Radek
So you use Mach 3 I see. Mine is GRBL. I like your solution for the end stops.

Back