H. M. Bomb Vesel Granado (Victory Models) [COMPLETED BUILD]

Back to the Granado.
The pain of the kit and my model are wood carvings.
zad1.jpgzad2.jpg
Mantua provided white alloy parts. As I dislike "coloring books" (may be inaccurate translate) seen on Jotica kit, carvings are in the color of walnut.
If the stern ornament seems oblique to you, it actually has such a incorrect shape. :(

Radek

Lovely job!
I've just started on CAF's POF offering, so your post are of great interest.

Ted

So you know about Bob Lightley ("two stock"), Don Butler, Graham and Klarsen (all Jotica) models :D

Radek

I've used the Unimat micro to prepare masts, yards and booms.
(It was an old (and quite expensive) European original. Later, these machines appeared in bulk on ebay and other online stores.

stezne01.jpg
The main advantage of this device (apart from the adjustability of the drill - milling machine - lathe) was that I could place it on the kitchen table without my girlfriend objecting. On the other hand, the disadvantage of my current lathe is that it is currently freezing in the workshop.:p 20200619_185123.jpg
Radek

Thank you.

While the construction of the hull and its fitting did not pose a problem, I had to think a lot about continuing. In addition to the monograph, I also took several other books and photos of other models. (The Book rigging of period ship models is so used and torn that I had to bind it again. :))

20211221_151845.jpg

Plus,I had to made a ropewalk and other jigs. Some ropes supplied in the kit were quite nice, but in a small range of thicknesses and the black ropes look too "artificial". omotavacka01.jpgomotavacka02.jpgmouse.JPGrev-rop3.jpgrev-rop1.jpgrev-rop5.jpgrev-rop6.jpg

Radek

Last edited:
Very good details - just found your added the additional beam for anchor lifting (I do not know in moment the correct term)
Very good work

Hi Uwe!
Fish davit (of plywood) is a part of the kit.
You can find it in the monograph p. 81
fish.jpg
Radek

Hi Uwe!
Fish davit (of plywood) is a part of the kit.
You can find it in the monograph p. 81
View attachment 277367
Radek
Many thanks for the additional info.
Yes 95% of the ships of this time had one of these on deck, but more or less on 99% of the models it is forgotten to add
A very nice detail, especially if you show it installed and connected with the anchor during hoisting

Back