PROTOTYPE - H.M.S. Ontario Cross Section 2.0 [COMPLETED BUILD]

This is a small update; the main rails are walnut and will be stained black. The boat supports are made from bloodwood. I made a cutout for the 20- foot cutter to check the height. They are about the same height as the belfry and should be okay.

IMG_3612.jpgIMG_3613.jpgIMG_3614.jpgIMG_3615.jpgIMG_3616.jpg

Thanks Jim, I like to use different colors, but I am not good at painting.

HI MIKE I CAN ONLY REPEAT DOCS STATEMENT AND ADD WOW 3 TIMES NOW BAD QUESTION ANY TIME FRAME FOIR RELEASE OOPS PLEASE UPDATE YOUR PROFILE MY AGE KEEPS ON YOURS STILL STAY YOUNG NOT FAIR. GOD BLESS STAY BSAFE YOU AND YOURS DON

Hi Don, thanks it is hard to tell how long it will take to finish the model and update all the drawings.

It seems like everything takes me longer after I turned 80 but it is what it is. I have finished all the remodeling I intend to do to the house. If the admiral wants anything else done, I will hire a contractor lol.

Hey Mike!

I hope you don't mind me responding to your PM in this thread. I'm not trying to hijack it!

I put the Ontario on hold because I ran into a problem with the most forward frames "R" and "S". They are too wide to fit between the notches on the jig, so I can't seat them on the keel. I'm not sure if they are the only two frames that have that problem. I think you said you changed the drawings, but I'm not sure if you ever sent them to me. I'd love to take a look, and do a mockup in thin plywood to make sure the frames fit. Anyway, here are a few shots of where Ontario sits today. None of the frames are sanded. They are just sitting in the jig, resting on the keel.IMG_0088.jpgIMG_0089.jpgIMG_0090.jpgIMG_0091.jpg

Hey Mike!

I hope you don't mind me responding to your PM in this thread. I'm not trying to hijack it!

I put the Ontario on hold because I ran into a problem with the most forward frames "R" and "S". They are too wide to fit between the notches on the jig, so I can't seat them on the keel. I'm not sure if they are the only two frames that have that problem. I think you said you changed the drawings, but I'm not sure if you ever sent them to me. I'd love to take a look, and do a mockup in thin plywood to make sure the frames fit. Anyway, here are a few shots of where Ontario sits today. None of the frames are sanded. They are just sitting in the jig, resting on the keel.View attachment 285368View attachment 285369View attachment 285370View attachment 285371
Hi Dave, no problem posting questions here. I will check the frame drawings to see where I fumbled the ball lol. Your frames look good, and the build board looks a lot better than mine! Making a plywood mockup for the missing frames would be a good idea after we get “R” and “S” fixed.

Back