HMS Alert by Jolley Roger

Hello Jolley Roger. How is your Alert build goes? You have not posted any updates for a long time. We are curious to see the progress.

Here is the start of my buildlog for the Trident Model HMS Alert.
It seems i'm one of the lucky ones that received an Alert before the DHgate shutdown threw a spanner in the works.
The kit got delivered by Fedex, took 4 days from China to SA, then the local Fedex managed to bungle it up for another 10 days, three phone calls later and they managed to get it delivered to me in one piece. What a relief!
I guess most of you have seen the unboxing and review by Uwek (Alert unboxing), so I won't bore you with the same details.
I'm in no rush to build this kit, expect it will take me a year or two to complete, so everybody else will catch up with their builds in no time. Hope you get your Alerts Soon!

I've just about completed the cradle - i can just reiterate what has been said before - everything fits very well, a very light bit of sanding here and there and it slots right in, very impressive.

A quick dry fit of some keel components, with minimal cleanup, shows how accurate the CNC milling is

My workshop floor just about covered in wood! Gonna keep me busy for a while...
Hallo @Jolley Roger
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

It seems i'm one of the lucky ones that received an Alert before the DHgate shutdown threw a spanner in the works.
The kit got delivered by Fedex, took 4 days from China to SA, then the local Fedex managed to bungle it up for another 10 days, three phone calls later and they managed to get it delivered to me in one piece. What a relief!
I guess most of you have seen the unboxing and review by Uwek (Alert unboxing), so I won't bore you with the same details.
I'm in no rush to build this kit, expect it will take me a year or two to complete, so everybody else will catch up with their builds in no time. Hope you get your Alerts Soon!

I've just about completed the cradle - i can just reiterate what has been said before - everything fits very well, a very light bit of sanding here and there and it slots right in, very impressive.
A quick dry fit of some keel components, with minimal cleanup, shows how accurate the CNC milling is
Hallo @Jolley Roger
Birthday-Cake
How is your work on the Alert going?

View attachment 175290
View attachment 175291
View attachment 175293
Hallo @Jolley Roger
Birthday-Cake

I just went through Your build log and hope You soon find the time to continue to build.

Back