HMS Blandford POF by Keith [COMPLETED BUILD]

Thank you for your insightful comments on the kit, KEEF,I started to design Blandford in my spare time at the beginning of 2014. I didn't set up my own model studio until last year. Of course, we still have a lot to do,For example, the instructions are not detailed enough。Of course, we will continue to work hard to improve this in future products。
Thank you again for your support and wish you all the best

Thank you for your insightful comments on the kit, KEEF,I started to design Blandford in my spare time at the beginning of 2014. I didn't set up my own model studio until last year. Of course, we still have a lot to do,For example, the instructions are not detailed enough。Of course, we will continue to work hard to improve this in future products。
Thank you again for your support and wish you all the best
It's very nice to hear from you and l appreciate you taking the time to get in touch. As l've mentioned in the past' l'm enjoying the time spent on building this kit (nearly 9 months so far) and will be at a bit of a loss when it is completed. You mentioned you have another POF kit in progress. Do you have any details? If it's anywhere near as good as this Blandford kit l would be very interested to consider it as my next project. Very best wishes.

目前,设计已经完成,但由于我所在城市的COVID-19疫情,我暂时无法制作试点模型。计划在12月中旬开始这项工作

Currently, the design is complete, but due to the COVID-19 situation in my city, I cannot make a pilot model for the time being. It is planned to start the work in mid-December

Midships to bow section of the upper deck is now complete and have begun working my way back to the stern. It has started to get a bit cold and damp in my workshop now, which is affecting the use of my left hand. It can get cold here in the Costa del Sol, but only for a few months, so I may slow down a bit for the worst of the days

DSC05659.JPG

DSC05665.JPG

DSC05667.JPG

DSC05675.JPG

DSC05681.JPG

DSC05683.JPG

DSC05695.JPG

DSC05703.JPG

DSC05705.JPG

Midships to bow section of the upper deck is now complete and have begun working my way back to the stern. It has started to get a bit cold and damp in my workshop now, which is affecting the use of my left hand. It can get cold here in the Costa del Sol, but only for a few months, so I may slow down a bit for the worst of the days

View attachment 343887

View attachment 343888

View attachment 343889

View attachment 343890

View attachment 343891

View attachment 343892

View attachment 343893

View attachment 343894

View attachment 343895
Beautiful work as usual Okay :)
I hope the cold does not affect your left hand too much and that you can continue to create as much as you want and that we enjoy your products

Beautiful work as usual Okay :)
I hope the cold does not affect your left hand too much and that you can continue to create as much as you want and that we enjoy your products
Thank you very much my friend. That's very kind of you.

I love these "naked" hull, where you can see the beautiful wooden structure
Very good looking model Thumbsup
Thank you very much. l am of the same thinking. l find it fascinating to see how these ships were built and am learning a lot about shipwright terms and methods by looking through other build logs on this forum, especially your Granado build which l am finding very inspiring. Also Thanks to all of you for your likes and comments. They are very much appreciated.

Beginning work on the interior deck timbers, starting with the hold and well shed. Comparing this against the drawing in the ''Anatomy of the Ship'', it is actually quite accurate.

View attachment 329102

View attachment 329103

View attachment 329104

View attachment 329105

View attachment 329106

View attachment 329108

View attachment 329109

View attachment 329111

View attachment 329112
HI
I think i will look at building the pump well and other units like this from scratch as it may look more realistic

THANKS

Hi Keef you are doing a great job and the color of the wood looks wonderful.
Just used all your pictures to help me place my Strakes in the correct place - looks as if i can use the cross members to position the strakes - temp fixing only
I have a question, can anybody help? l have now reached the stern section of the lower deck timbers of this build and, unless l have interpreted the 3D drawing in the manual wrongly, the hanging knees of most of the last 6 deck beams are actually not ''hanging'' at all, but are fixed upside down to all the rest. The parts supplied with the kit are a different shape and are not made to go the other way, so l assume this must be correct although l have checked with the Anatomy book and can find no reference for them to be any different from the rest. Any suggestions please?

View attachment 335718
ive seen the reply somewhere else and i seem to remember that they are the other way up
Will look

Preparations are under way for making and fitting the capstan. The centre shaft l made from 10 mm dowel which l turned using an electric drill and stand, laid on it's side, as a makeshift lathe. There is a jig supplied (A2-11 and A2-12) that you work to which gives you the dimensions

DSC05706.JPG

DSC05712.JPG

DSC05714.JPG

Hi Paul.The colour is Red Ochre from Admiralty Paints (as shown on my post number 332). On my screen the colour appears a little bit more 'orangey' than it actually is in the first 3 photos.
I am not sure, if these paints under the name Admirality Paints are produced by Jotika / Caldercraft, but defintely also sold by them (and others)

Thank you all for your likes and comments on my HMS Blandford build. They are very much appreciated. In regard to the Admiralty paint. l have been using this brand for a few years on various models l have built, paints, varnishes and primers and found them to be very good

I am not sure, if these paints under the name Admirality Paints are produced by Jotika / Caldercraft, but defintely also sold by them (and others)

Last edited:
Back