HMS Blandford Project Main Support Page

Mike is there supposed to be revisions to part 4 are these comming from Donnie, trying to keep up to date with the revisions as they occur otherwise will foreget them whgen needed, let me know . Don

Hi Don,
The only revision I'm aware of is the addition to the lower deck framing of the template to arch the deck beams.

donfar said:
Mike is there supposed to be revisions to part 4 are these comming from Donnie, trying to keep up to date with the revisions as they occur otherwise will foreget them when needed, let me know . Don
Don, there are a couple of small drawing corrections to Part 4, that should not affect your progress.
Mike

RE: HELP WITH CANNONS FOR THE BLANDFORD BUILD

I was going to order the cannon barrels rather than making them. I do have a wood lathe and was going to make them from blanks of acrylic plastic, but my turning skills are lacking.

I had trouble finding pre-made cannon barrels that were 78mm in length online, except for a Russian supplier. They have a 75mm and an 80mm cannon barrel that would be great to use, but I am a little suspicious of sending a check to Russia. They do not accept any online money transfer systems like PayPal. They have a couple of options for about $8 each and I was going to need only 2 for my version of the build (I plan to leave one side of the model exposed to reveal the framing construction).

The site is: http://www.shipmodels.com.ua/eng/accessories/artillery/cannon/index.htm and I am asking if anyone out there has any experience with these folks.

Thanks for the help,

Andy

I was going to order the cannon barrels rather than making them. I do have a wood lathe and was going to make them from blanks of acrylic plastic, but my turning skills are lacking.

I had trouble finding pre-made cannon barrels that were 78mm in length online, except for a Russian supplier. They have a 75mm and an 80mm cannon barrel that would be great to use, but I am a little suspicious of sending a check to Russia. They do not accept any online money transfer systems like PayPal. They have a couple of options for about $8 each and I was going to need only 2 for my version of the build (I plan to leave one side of the model exposed to reveal the framing construction).

The site is: http://www.shipmodels.com.ua/eng/accessories/artillery/cannon/index.htm and I am asking if anyone out there has any experience with these folks.

Thanks for the help,

Andy
Hi Andy,
Check with Dave at dlumberyard.com he will have some cannons you can use.
Mike

Thanks for the help,

Andy

Hi Andy,that site is owned by Russian Master builder Alexey Baranov,I am going to order from him when I get there for my Hms Ontario.

Hi Andy,
Check with Dave at dlumberyard.com he will have some cannons you can use.
Mike
Thanks Mike, but the longest cannon that he has online is only is only 2-15/64" and I need a 3-1/16" (or 78mm) for the 1:32 scale version of the Blandford.

Hi Andy,that site is owned by Russian Master builder Alexey Baranov,I am going to order from him when I get there for my Hms Ontario.

Thanks for the info Zoltan, but have you or anyone else ordered from him in the past? I have some concerns paying him with bank transfers or wired money orders. All I need are two cannon barrels and plan to spend 15-20 bucks on his site. I don't know if the risk is worth it.

Andy

Andy,I will ask around and let you know,but on Sos I don’t know anybody who ordered from him.

Hi Mike,
I am following your build log for BCSGB lower deck and you show the main mast on your lathe. You are tapering and machining what appear to be spesific areas. I can not find a plan sheet that shows where to make those cuts. I do see in you photo what appears to be plans to do that. Have I missed a plan sheet?

I had already discussed (was wanting really bad to make all the cannons for folks that wanted them) , but I am not sure if I can get around to it or not. It is unfortunate that I haven't even started on this project either - :(
....seems that more and more interferres with the hobby ! :rolleyes:

Hi Mike,
I am following your build log for BCSGB lower deck and you show the main mast on your lathe. You are tapering and machining what appear to be spesific areas. I can not find a plan sheet that shows where to make those cuts. I do see in you photo what appears to be plans to do that. Have I missed a plan sheet?

Hi Mike,

If you look at the Part 5 drawings you will find one named Deck Beams Mast, it should have had a hyphen between Beams and Mast and I should not have posted the mast photos with the Part 4 stuff. Old people do the funniest things. I hope this helps.

Mike

Hi Mike,
Yers we do the funniest things. When you are old every day is Sunday. have a wonderful day. Thank you for putting up with this old guy.

Hi Mike,
I'm Really sorry to be a pain in the A**, but in looking at the plan sheet fot mast and deck beam patterns. Is the mast above the lower deck supposed to be 1 1/8" in diameter? the bill of materiel shows 1/2" this is for the 1:32 Build.

Hi Mike,

The mast should be 13/16” diameter, I will send an updated drawing and Bill of Material to Donnie.

Mike

I had already discussed (was wanting really bad to make all the cannons for folks that wanted them) , but I am not sure if I can get around to it or not. It is unfortunate that I haven't even started on this project either - :(
....seems that more and more interferres with the hobby ! :rolleyes:
Donnie,

That is a nice offer on the cannons. I finally got hold of the Russian supplier and he declined to fill my order because it was too small. He will only fill an order over 100 Euros.

I am only going to need two as I am leaving half of my cross section incomplete to display the framing (as Mike41 is doing). I am a ways away from needing the cannons, but have decided to make mine out of black acrylic pen turning blanks on my lathe. The only thing that I need to invest in are a small set of mini lathe gouges.

Thanks for the help everyone,

Andy

Mike is there supposed to be revisions to part 4 are these comming from Donnie, trying to keep up to date with the revisions as they occur otherwise will foreget them whgen needed, let me know . Don
Yes there is.
Mike

Mike just sent me an email about part 5 deck beams mast revisions - I will get on this as soon as I can to update the material.

Thanks for the help,

Andy
Contact Dmytro Shevelov - https://www.shipmodeling.ru/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=71904&sid=0ac328f0dcfa3884330d3cf886b78ce3

комплект артиллерии Бель Пуль 48.jpg

Back