HMS Blandford Project Main Support Page

I will report this to mike now. You will get an answer soon.

Dave and Donnie, I have downloaded the top revisions can not measure it, have not printed it yet but the date shown for both the 1:32 and the 1:48 versions have a date 12/2/17, do not know what happened to yours. Don Farr

Hi Don,
The drawings dated 12/2/17 are the latest drawings.
Mike

Hi Doc,
For those of us building the 1:32 version, can you confirm that the upper jig has not been changed from the original? I downloaded it and it is exactly the same as the previous version. The keel measurement is 7 - 13/16" (not 8") and the sheet is the dated 9/23/17, as was the original version.

The PM that I sent out (I thought) should have had the revised Building Board Top for both 1:32 and 1:48. Therefore, you questioned the 1:32 version and I can post that info again here:
http://www.shipsofscale.com/blandford/part1/plans/building-board/Blandford-Build-Board-32-Sht-1.pdf

The date should have 12/02/17 on it. You should not have to refresh your browser as this is a pdf. Please confirm so we can make sure. Just click the link and the next thing you should see is a PDF drawing of the 1:32 upper jig part.

After Mike made some phone calls to some folks, we believe the problems of the prints have been resolved. Lets just say the keel length has been corrected.

Please go back to the BOM and download - each Part 1 - 4 has the same identical BOM that list everything for parts 1 - 4 so, it does not matter what page you go to. I will send out a PM with the link embedded just in case. As a side note, always refresh your browser, and for most, F5 should work.

Donnie
per Mike

Hello Mike

I am just about ready to print or have my Blandford Cross Section plans. I was on the understanding that for the 1:48 scale that I needed to have the upper and lower build jig printed on 11" by 17" is this still the case? I also see in one of your last updates that now you are recommending 11" by 17" for all scales. If this is the case then I can not use my 8 1/2" by 11" printer is this correct?

Just to be on the safe side what should be the sizes of the upper and lower build jig be front to back and side to side on the inside of the building jig. Sorry to be of so much trouble to you but I just wanted to make sure of the sizes before I start,

Regards Lawrence [Canoe21 ] ENJOY

Hi Lawrence,
Welcome back to the build. Due to some dimensional changes you need to download the latest 1:48 scale drawings and bill of material. The drawings for the building jig and keel need to be printed on 11 x 17 paper but the rest of the drawings will fit on 8 1/2 x 11 size paper. All the 1:32 scale drawings still require 11 x 17 paper.

Building Jig 1:48 Dimensions:
Top inside – front to back from outside Frame 1 to outside Frame 9 = 5”
- side to side Frame 1 outside = 7”, Frame 9 outside = 6 1/2"
Note there is a gentle curve from Frame 1 to Frame 9 (use template)
Bottom - Length = 6” width = 9”

Have fun,
Mike

Hello Mike

I thank you very much for your information as I did want to get the two jig printings printed early next week. I am having a bit of a late start due to the fact that I wanted to get the deck boat on my Golden Hind completed before I started the Blandford cross section build.

I do have one more question and that is will you be showing the Mast and Yards in this build or do we have to research for this information, just curious that is all, ENJOY

Regards Lawrence [Canoe21 ]

Hi Lawrence,
This model is a navel board style, showing a stub mast with no rigging. The model is too short to add the full mast and yards, or long enough to show the full channels for the shrouds, backstays or yard brace pendants.
Mike

Hi Mike,

Although I am still not doing any building, I am still monitoring the progress of everyone's builds. I wanted to alert you to something that I found on the cross section elevation (or index as it is called) and the BOM. The lower deck clamp dimensions that you have on your BOM may be too big.

I noticed that there was a huge disparity in the elevation detail from the part 3 download, which shows the end view of the hull. The deck clamps appear much smaller in that drawing than in the pics of sgtmig's hull. I checked the BOM and found that the measurements of the clamps may very well be wrong.

The BOM lists the deck clamps as "2 pieces 13/16 x 5/32 x 7 13/16” ", but I think they should be 13/32" x 3/32" if I have measured them accurately enough on the hull elevation plan.

Check sgtmig's photos of his build and you will see what I mean.His deck clamps appear almost an inch wide!

I have already alerted sgtmik.

Andy

Don

You need some help fro your part of the world. When you download a file it will go to a folder called Downloads on your Windows 10 PC more than likely.

From there it needs to be placed on a USB drive so your printer can print it foe you. Unfortunately I cannot help in this process.

Cheers
Geoff

Hi Andy,
The material list did not have the correct dimensions as you stated, I made the required changes and sent the revised BOM to Donnie to process thanks. Mike hasn’t installed the lower deck clamps on his new model yet so he should be fine, I don’t think anybody else is as far along as Mike, so this change will not affect their builds.
Mike

Andy (Fishknots) found an error on the Part 3 BOM. A PM will be sent out.

I think the takeaway from this is that we should build to the plans, not the BOM. If there is a discrepancy, call it to Mike's attention. The drawings have all been checked for accuracy so they should be trustworthy. The BOM is still a "work in progress". For example, the BOM calls for a keel height of 1-1/2" in 1:48 scale and 2" at 1:32 scale. These are ROUGH dimensions. The BOM then says "trim per drawing as req'd". In other words: build to the plans.

Hi Geoff, I know how to use my flash drive on mt computer, and how to get ready for thr printers, have everythinh uo to12/ 7/ 17 getting good prints from printer.THANKS Dod

Hi Don

Yep modern technology. I did not teach you that one about a flash drive. I will help you as much as I can and give you the best advice as I can if I cannot help I will say so. :D

I said to one of my friends when he has an issue on his computer is have a chat to a 10 year old. They may know more than us as and that is where technology is going and the younger are learning more than we ever will.

Cheers
Geoff

Truer words were never spoken, have often reflected on this, looking back my generation was raised on the RADIO, my Childrens on the TV, my Grandchilderen on computers, WHAT IS NEXT. Don

Neurological implants. Virtual reality inside your eye so that you can click on things using your mind. You will wireless access to your neurological implant to upload and download data onto a chip set installed beneath the skin. 1TeraByte of data on a surface 1/4 inch square. The device will also have RF reader and retina scan so when you go to the doctor, they will scan your vitals and your med records. You will stare into a screen at a store to buy things.

Back