HMS GRANADO 1:48 scale PoF CAF Model by Keith

Moving along to the bow, a few more frames, made and sanded. To enable each one to fit perfectly onto the keel, l have found, so far, every one needs some amount of adjustment of its slot. It is necessary to check through the windows of the jig to make sure that they are fitting fully onto the keel. The 4x4 mm rod is very useful to gauge the height of the triple frames at the sweep ports and so far all is fitting perfectly.

DSC07723.JPG

DSC07724.JPG

DSC07725.JPG

DSC07726.JPG

DSC07729.JPG

DSC07730.JPG

DSC07733.JPG

DSC07734.JPG

DSC07735.JPG

DSC07738.JPG

Moving along to the bow, a few more frames, made and sanded. To enable each one to fit perfectly onto the keel, l have found, so far, every one needs some amount of adjustment of its slot. It is necessary to check through the windows of the jig to make sure that they are fitting fully onto the keel. The 4x4 mm rod is very useful to gauge the height of the triple frames at the sweep ports and so far all is fitting perfectly.

View attachment 430065

View attachment 430066

View attachment 430067

View attachment 430068

View attachment 430069

View attachment 430070

View attachment 430071

View attachment 430072

View attachment 430073

View attachment 430074
Good afternoon Keith. You build really fantastic ships (well the small versions). This also looks like a good kit. Cheers Grant

Good afternoon Keith. You build really fantastic ships (well the small versions). This also looks like a good kit. Cheers Grant
Cheers Grant and a good afternoon to you. Thank you very much for your compliments. Yes this is a great kit, so everything is really down to the skill of Tom and CAF Models in producing this kit

Bravo Keef, vraiment du très beau travail. Peux tu regarder dans le KIT 2 si tu as reçu 1 ou 2 plaques 5A car dans le Kit que
j’ai reçu il n’y en a qu’une.

Bravo Keef, vraiment du très beau travail. Peux tu regarder dans le KIT 2 si tu as reçu 1 ou 2 plaques 5A car dans le Kit que
j’ai reçu il n’y en a qu’une.
je vous reviens à ce sujet demain

Merci. Moi, je ne peux faire qu'un seul magasin à boulets. J'ai réclamé. J'attends une réponse.

Merci. Moi, je ne peux faire qu'un seul magasin à boulets. J'ai réclamé. J'attends une réponse.
l have not opened kit 2 yet , or looked at the instructions. l have had a very quick look today and found 1 sheet of 5A with 18 pieces for the shot racks. Have you seen Uwek's build log? He is working on this part right now. It might be better to ask him

Hi, Many thinks. With one 5A you can make only one 24 bullets store
. I have parts exept 5A for made 2 bullets stores.
I will ask Uwek.

May be the second plate 5A is inside pack 1 or pack 3?
It is not in Box 1, l don't know about 3, but l very much doubt it. Have you contacted Tom at CAF Models. He will tell you. He replies very quickly to emails

Yes, I contact Tom few days ago. Until now, I waiting for is answer. May be Monday or tuesday. I hope.

Hi Keef, TOM said is sinding to me one immediatly. My be you have same problem than me. Regards

Hi Keef, TOM said is sinding to me one immediatly. My be you have same problem than me. Regards
Thanks for the information. Good that it is now resolved. I will now have to contact Tom to get another 5A sheet for my kit

Hi everyone and thank you for your interest in this log. This is my progress with the frames as of close of play this afternoon. Sorry but I've not much to show, only the gap slowly closing towards the bow and the lines of the hull taking shape.

DSC07752.JPG

DSC07753.JPG

DSC07757.JPG

DSC07755.JPG

DSC07756.JPG

DSC07762.JPG

DSC07763.JPG

DSC07770.JPG

DSC07778.JPG

DSC07766.JPG

Back