HMS GRANADO 1:48 scale PoF CAF Model by Keith

step by step and frame by frame - but I think you can see already the light at the end of the tunnel
Happy framing for some more days

Good afternoon guys. l have now joined the frames from midships to bow. l must say l'm very pleased with the accuracy of this kit as all frames fit perfectly into place after some adjustments and fine tuning where the slots join the keel. The beautiful shape of the hull is now becoming very evident, both inside and out and as the next step is to continue on from midships to stern to close the hull all will be revealed in a few weeks or so. l have said before l find this a fascinating stage in a p.o.f project as the lines and curves of a ship's hull slowly show themselves

DSC07782.JPG

DSC07788.JPG

DSC07790.JPG

DSC07793.JPG

DSC07794.JPG

DSC07798.JPG

DSC07800.JPG

DSC07804.JPG

DSC07814.JPG

DSC07817.JPG

DSC07822.JPG

DSC07824.JPG

DSC07826.JPG

DSC07827.JPG

DSC07841.JPG

DSC07842.JPG

The design is very attractive, isn't it! With the different frame forms and frame combinations there's lots to look at and admire. Nice progress!
Thank you very much Paul. Yes, the single, double and triple makeup as well as the step down thicknesses of the futtock sections all add to the interest of the framework l think

Good afternoon guys. l have now joined the frames from midships to bow. l must say l'm very pleased with the accuracy of this kit as all frames fit perfectly into place after some adjustments and fine tuning where the slots join the keel. The beautiful shape of the hull is now becoming very evident, both inside and out and as the next step is to continue on from midships to stern to close the hull all will be revealed in a few weeks or so. l have said before l find this a fascinating stage in a p.o.f project as the lines and curves of a ship's hull slowly show themselves

View attachment 433535

View attachment 433536

View attachment 433537

View attachment 433538

View attachment 433539

View attachment 433540

View attachment 433541

View attachment 433542

View attachment 433543

View attachment 433544

View attachment 433545

View attachment 433546

View attachment 433547

View attachment 433548

View attachment 433549

View attachment 433550
Great work Keef. Am I seeing s slight horizontal curve in the keel? Would this effect translate up through the ship?

Dear Keith. As per usual, your work is exceptionally clean and tidy, and the form is starting to show her beauty. I am sure that the frames will be completed in no time!

Très beau travail Keef. Tu fais les deux parties séparables ou tu sépareras ensuite en sciant horizontalement?
Bonne continuation. Tu es sur une très bonne voie de réussite.

Great work Keef. Am I seeing s slight horizontal curve in the keel? Would this effect translate up through the ship?
Hi Daniel. Thank you for your comments. I have looked closely at these photos and think I see the slight curve in keel that you are referring to. I have checked and can assure you the keel is perfectly straight. It is a distortion caused by the camera lens. You have great eyesight. I'm still not sure that I see the curve or not

Dear Keith. As per usual, your work is exceptionally clean and tidy, and the form is starting to show her beauty. I am sure that the frames will be completed in no time!
Thank you Heinrich. I very much appreciate your comments and interest

Très beau travail Keef. Tu fais les deux parties séparables ou tu sépareras ensuite en sciant horizontalement?
Bonne continuation. Tu es sur une très bonne voie de réussite.
Thank you mon ami for you interest and comments. Sorry to be boring but l'm not going anywhere near a saw. l decided before beginning this project to make it a conventional build and not split the hull into two halves

Merci Keef. C'est une option. Comment vas tu faire pour montrer l'intérieur?
Vas tu découper des zones sur le côté?

Thanks Keef. It's an option. How are you going to show the interior?
Are you going to cut out areas on the side?

Last edited by a moderator:
HaHa
it is good that a decision to cut horizontally can be made still in some months .......

Oui. C'est toujours possible.
Yes. It's always possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oui. C'est toujours possible.
Yes. It's always possible.
April 2022 - appr. the same stage

and my big cut at 1.December 2022

Still closing the gap. Coming along nicely and everything fitting perfectly with some small adjustments to the frame slots where they join the keel. A mixture of single, double and triple frames all adds to the interest. The next post will be the complete hull frame structure which will be just over 3 months work to get to that point, and loving every minute of it!

DSC07844.JPG

DSC07846.JPG

DSC07849.JPG

DSC07854.JPG

DSC07864.JPG

DSC07867.JPG

DSC07871.JPG

DSC07873.JPG

DSC07882.JPG

DSC07888.JPG

DSC07889.JPG

DSC07893.JPG