Caf Model - New Kit HMS Granado 1742 Kit

https://cafmodel.com/products/hms-granado-1

View attachment 241408
View attachment 241409View attachment 241410
View attachment 241411View attachment 241412
View attachment 241413View attachment 241414View attachment 241415

Try to make Granado into a structure that separates the top from the bottom, and after that, it can be assembled smoothly
This is very challenging, and I'll share some of my experience in remaking later
I did a preliminary check on the price and I'll have to wait a couple months for this one.

Hallo Spars, as I am currently working on the Le Coureur, I have not yet had a chance to study the kit in more detail. But what I have looked so far, especially in comparison with the Coureur and that is really a good kit, the Granado is an absolutely positive development. A big step forward.
To answer your questions: I am of the opinion the quality is very good, the instructions are very clean, clear and understandable, incomparably better than the Coureur. The laser cut planks are very nice and I am sure that no special tool are needed.

Granado_20210831_1.jpg

Last edited:
Hallo Spars, as I am currently working on the Le Coureur, I have not yet had a chance to study the kit in more detail. But what I have looked so far, especially in comparison with the Coureur and that is really a good kit, the Granado is an absolutely positive development. A big step forward.
To answer your questions: I am of the opinion the quality is very good, the instructions are very clean, clear and understandable, incomparably better than the Coureur. The lase cut planks are very nice and I am sure that no special tool are needed.

View attachment 253430
When I buy kit #1 I think I will let it age a month or so to get used to my home environment during which time I will school CatMan my cat on leaving the kit alone! LoL

Adi, thanks for the pic, it looks like the bevel lines are lasered on? Are they on both sides for the ones that need it? Is it recommended to bevel to those lines before installing the frames? The only “special” tool I could think of would be a micro mill or rotary tool mill setup with x-y table for milling the notches in the numerous places for beams, carlings, and interior mortar pit framing and they could also be done with hand tools, just nicer and quicker with a mill.

Adi, thanks for the pic, it looks like the bevel lines are lasered on? Are they on both sides for the ones that need it? Is it recommended to bevel to those lines before installing the frames? The only “special” tool I could think of would be a micro mill or rotary tool mill setup with x-y table for milling the notches in the numerous places for beams, carlings, and interior mortar pit framing and they could also be done with hand tools, just nicer and quicker with a mill.

Hallo Stargazer, yes the bevel lines are lasered on both sides. It is better to bevel those lines before installation, so it recommends CAF also, and I made good expeience with my Le Coureur. I use a Proxxon drill with a grinding wheel or a Proxxon belt grinder. For the fine work, of course, various files.

Granado_20210901_1.jpg

Granado_20210901_2.jpg

Personally , I don't understand the apprehension towards PayPal. We have sold 42 Bluenose kits all via PayPal and all without hitch. The beauty is that if you get issued a PayPal Bill, PayPal freezes the money until the shipment has been delivered. Only then gets the money released to the supplier.

Totally agree Heinrich, I feel the most protected using PayPal, but some can’t get over the fact that they make some money on the transaction I think… I feel it is a great value, but some may not…

Back