Caf Model - New Kit HMS Granado 1742 Kit

Just a note: even when I build furniture, I move the wood to my shop a month or more ahead of time to allow it to acclimate. I prefer kiln-dried woods vs air-dried. Wood moves. In the little lumber in models, movement affecting the model itself is minimal though. Do you live in a high humidity area?
Relatively high(Minnesota) but I use a dehumidifier. BTW, I was reading online and I learned English shipbuilders would submerge timber for up to ten years to acclimate it before work and that it took 40 acres of oak for one first rate vessel.

I'm very sorry, friends
Granado's third quarter sales have been delayed
The third quarter of Granado is expected to be sold in March. Now it will be postponed to the end of April
We have added many CNC double-sided engraving parts, which can provide better effect
QQ图片20220310105701.jpgQQ图片20220310105704.jpg
QQ图片20220310105646.jpg

I'm very sorry, friends
Granado's third quarter sales have been delayed
The third quarter of Granado is expected to be sold in March. Now it will be postponed to the end of April
We have added many CNC double-sided engraving parts, which can provide better effect
View attachment 295390View attachment 295391
View attachment 295392
Great idea with the prepared wedges for the mast.
One more great detail what was in the past a typical scratch pimp your kit work :cool:

If you add such details - no problem for waiting some more weeks (my personal opinion)

Not a problem - I'm still months away from needing the third part! - but I will buy it as soon as it is released, to help me with the matching of the inside to the outside.
The kit's looking great, especially with the extra parts.

Ted

Tom, thanks for the update. Really appreciate all the work you are putting into part 3 and am happy to wait. Will be looking to purchase as soon as it is available

Same here. I have no problems with the delay. I'll have to buy the Border Model Lancaster first then. ;)

Hello everyone
At present, 90% of Granado's work has been completed, and all wooden parts have been produced
Sales were originally expected to start at the end of April
However, the epidemic situation in Shanghai is very serious. We began martial law on March 28. The original martial law plan lasted until April 5, but it is still under martial law Some uncertain news said that the return lasted until May 11
Therefore, during this period, we cannot obtain castings and etched pieces (Granado contains a large number of fine castings)
So at present, we can only delay sales. Please forgive me
Tom
QQ图片20220408012604.jpgQQ图片20220408012633.jpgQQ图片20220408200112.jpgQQ图片20220408012514.jpgQQ图片20220408012539.jpgQQ图片20220408012640.jpgQQ图片20220409100932.jpg

Tom, thanks for the update. Fantastic progress and great photos. Very exciting news for builders but really hope you and your team stay safe and healthy and make it through the lockdowns. Prayers with you all.

Guys, please bear with Tom. I can only repeat what he has said - the situation is very serious indeed.

Our thoughts are with you Tom - keep safe!
Fantastic progress on the kit - love it

Ted

Tom

It is Looking great. We wait, no worries !!!

Guys, please bear with Tom. I can only repeat what he has said - the situation is very serious indeed.

Heinrich

What is the meaning of your sentence " -the situation is very serious indeed." ?

What is going on there for such comment ?

Thanks
Daniel

Tom

It is Looking great. We wait, no worries !!!

Heinrich

What is the meaning of your sentence " -the situation is very serious indeed." ?

What is going on there for such comment ?

Thanks
Daniel
Covid-19 my friend. Shanghai is in a strict lockdown and as one of the closest cities to Shanghai, so are us.

Covid-19 my friend. Shanghai is in a strict lockdown and as one of the closest cities to Shanghai, so are us.

Hi Heinrich

We know about the lockdown. Your phrase "..the situation is very serious..." sounded that people are filling hospitals and dying like at the start of the pandemic. Is that happening?

That China or some parts of China are in a look down again, you told us that in your postings. Tom's comments didn't surprise me, but yours scared me.

Have a nice day !!
Daniel

Back