Caf Model - New Kit HMS Granado 1742 Kit

I looked at this kit and how does it compare with JoTiKa for quality of wood and accuracy of instructions?
Hello Please forgive me for your late reply
The wood is cherry wood. After receiving the kit, you can contact me at any time to replace it free of charge
The instructions will be published on the web page later. If there are errors, the information will be updated on the web page as soon as possible
Tom

I looked at this kit and how does it compare with JoTiKa for quality of wood and accuracy of instructions?
Hi Spars,
there's no comparison, the CAF kit is vastly superior in every way. The colour assembly diagrams are excellent, along with the wood quality. In addition the CAF kit is a larger 1/48 sale compared to JoTiKa's 1/64 sale.

Also the JoTiKa model is plank on bulkhead compared to CAF model which is plank on frame.

Last edited:
Yes, I agree, I feel this will be high on the priority list for future projects.

Hi Spars,
there's no comparison, the CAF kit is vastly superior in every way. The colour assembly diagrams are excellent, along with the wood quality. In addition the CAF kit is a larger 1/48 sale compared to JoTiKa's 1/64 sale.

Also the JoTiKa model is plank on bulkhead compared to CAF model which is plank on frame.
Your analysis gives me reason to give it a second look.

Hello Please forgive me for your late reply
The wood is cherry wood. After receiving the kit, you can contact me at any time to replace it free of charge
The instructions will be published on the web page later. If there are errors, the information will be updated on the web page as soon as possible
Tom
Thanx for the update. After my fail with the Model Space Victory I'm looking for another kit. BTW, I don't know if it matters but I buy a kit and let it sit in the house for a couple months to 'age' it to the existing humidity and temperature.

Thanx for the update. After my fail with the Model Space Victory I'm looking for another kit. BTW, I don't know if it matters but I buy a kit and let it sit in the house for a couple months to 'age' it to the existing humidity and temperature.
Just a note: even when I build furniture, I move the wood to my shop a month or more ahead of time to allow it to acclimate. I prefer kiln-dried woods vs air-dried. Wood moves. In the little lumber in models, movement affecting the model itself is minimal though. Do you live in a high humidity area?

Back