HMS GRANADO - full hull - POF kit by CAF in 1:48 - by Uwe

Wszystkiego najlepszego zdrówka i pięknych modeli. Pozdrawiam Mirek

All the best, cheers and beautiful models. Regards, Mirek

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW - I am overwhelmed by all the greetings and wishes

Many thanks all my friends
Now it is our turn to wish you All the Best and a Very Happy Birthday ! Birthday-Cake
Happy birthday Uwe, have a wonderful day and enjoy all the cake they serve you today.
My Dear friend Uwek
happy Birthday :) BottleExplosionBirthday-CakeBeerAnchorShip-1
wish you all the best and happiness, my God bless you and your family
Herzlichen Glückwunsch , Uwe
Happy birthday dear Uwe! Viel Gesundheit und viel Glück zum Geburtstag!
Also from my side a Happy Birthday, Uwe.
Regard, Peter
Wonderful Uwe! I hope you have the best day celebrating with family and friends!
Happy Birthday Uwe!!! Have your best day my friend!! Birthday-CakeBeer
Happy Birthday, Uwe and thank you very much for everything that you have done and are still doing for SOS. You are one of the pillars of SOS!
I strongly endorse that, I especially enjoy reading Uwe's daily post in Naval/Maritime History.
Totally agree with the two posts above and also my very best wishes for your birthday Uwe.
Happy Birthday Uwe. May your dreams come true and good health never leaves you
All the Best for youBottleExplosionBirthday-Cake
Happy Birthday Uwe
Happy Birthday Uwe! Wishing you all the best, have a great day!
Hi Uwe

happy birthday and all the best!
I wish you a good time!

Cheers Alexander
Ich wünsche dir alles Gute zum Geburtstag, mon ami!! Birthday-Cake Enjoy your special day!!
Nice work on the stern windows Uwe, and Happy Birthday as well! Enjoy your day :)
Hallo Uwe,

auch von mir "Happy Birthday" und " alles Gute " wünsche ich dir.

Karl
I have the feeling that I will not be original because it was said sooo many times : HAPPY BIRTHDAY Uwek !!!
Happy birthday for yesterday Uwek. I hope you enjoyed a wonderful day. Cheers Grant

Happy birthday!!
Wszystkiego najlepszego zdrówka i pięknych modeli. Pozdrawiam Mirek

All the best, cheers and beautiful models. Regards, Mirek

Once more WOW - you made my day

Many Thanks also to @Magic Mike , @Charlie1805 and @Tobias for the greetings - thanks a lot

some more cleaning work on the tafarel and the window frames - the figurines are still untouched

IMG_3336.jpg

A small but important step are the installations of two small platform on both sides of the stern - here later on will be the two figurines standing - so important to fix before I am able to finalize the complete decorations

IMG_3327.jpg

they have to be installed slightly aft, so after sanding there will be a smooth surface - view from the top

IMG_3328.jpg

view from undersight

IMG_3329.jpg

I am in moment not sure, if I will make at the sides also some profile, so therefore I prepared some "bolting"

IMG_3331.jpg

after sanding so these platform are getting the correct shape

IMG_3332.jpg

IMG_3333.jpg

now after this sanding the windows can be finally installed

Many Thanks for your interest .... to be continued .....

Das nenne ich „ begnadeter Modellbau“ einfach fantastisch, was Du da zeigst. Ob es dieses Modell ist, oder ein Anderes. Einfach fantastisch. Mehr kann man dabei nicht lernen, als deinen Bauberichten zu folgen. Danke dafür

That's what I call "gifted model construction" simply fantastic what you show there. Whether it is this model or another. Just fantastic. You can't learn more than to follow your construction reports. thanks for that

Last edited by a moderator:
Many Thanks to @NMBROOK , @Charlie1805 , @RDN1954 and @Lucian29 for your kind words and comments and also all the likes received

...., I think I would struggle to visually check symmetry with one half planked and the other naked.
Oh Ja - it is sometimes not easy and you have to take a second and a third look and check, if everything is (more or less) symetric
and sometimes it is looking also strange and not correct - therefore maybe also the post by @Lucian29

The hole where the rudder enters the hull is a little asymetric?
Many Thanks for giving me this hint and I will check it once more when I am back in the workshop.
but looking now on the photo it seems to be a visual / optical ilusion, beacuse on the right side the planking is missing
When I follow the imaginary cut with the completed planking it would look like appr. the following

IMG_3333.jpg

But definitely I will check it, especialy maybe the planked side should maybe somehow adjusted ..... :confused:

The hole where the rudder enters the hull is a little asymetric?

I made a short check of the hole - and you are right - you have good eyes

IMG_3363.jpg

The left lower part of the planked area has to be slightly rounded

At the end, nobody will see it. Finally, when the rudder (or the upper part of the rudder is installed, I will cover the hole with some canvas, which was usually installed, that no splash water can come inside the ship

as an example, the rudder of my Le Coureur, only to show the principle..... I hope on the Granado the execution will be better

IMG-7814.jpg

Das nenne ich „ begnadeter Modellbau“ einfach fantastisch, was Du da zeigst. Ob es dieses Modell ist, oder ein Anderes. Einfach fantastisch. Mehr kann man dabei nicht lernen, als deinen Bauberichten zu folgen. Danke dafür

That's what I call "gifted model construction" simply fantastic what you show there. Whether it is this model or another. Just fantastic. You can't learn more than to follow your construction reports. thanks for that
Ditto

Many thanks to all the comments and replys, also for the likes received

Coming back to the windows - it was time to give some glass into the frames

Some time ago my friend Karl Ingwer alias @kalliboot gave me some small sheets of Mika - and I gave them a try - Many thanks once more to send them

IMG_2518.jpg

fixed the Mika with some small drops of CA-glue from the backside and afterwards the frames fixed in the stern

IMG_3338.jpg

The frame of these windows are in real very small, so not much space for the glue - but I made it acceptable

IMG_3339.jpg

Due to the fact, that the windows will be also slightly visible from inside view - once more acceptable in my subjective opinion - hope that the next windows in the next model will be better

IMG_3340.jpg

The little bit of white wood glue were removed after making the photo (but I have to check if I really did it)

IMG_3342.jpg

with this perspective we can see the reflection in the Mika-glass - I made my first glas windows

IMG_3344.jpg

Last edited:

Some time ago my friend Karl Ingwer alias @kalliboot gave me some small sheets of Mika - and I gave them a try - Many thanks once more to send them

View attachment 388785

fixed the Mika with some small drops of CA-glue from the backside and afterwards the frames fixed in the stern

View attachment 388786

The frame of these windows are in real very small, so not much space for the glue - but I made it acceptable

View attachment 388787

Due to the fact, that the windows will be also slightly visible from inside view - once more acceptable in my subjective opinion - hope that the next windows in the next model will be better

View attachment 388788

The little bit of white wood glue were removed after making the photo (but I have to check if I realy did it)

View attachment 388789

with this perspective we can see the reflection in the Mika-glass - I made my first glas windows

View attachment 388790

the windows from Mika-glass looks great

View attachment 388785

View attachment 388786

View attachment 388787

View attachment 388788

The little bit of white wood glue were removed after making the photo (but I have to check if I really did it)

View attachment 388789

View attachment 388790

The glazier did a nice job. Be friendly to him/her, Uwe.
Regards, Peter

Back