HMS Mercury 1/72, Shipyard models

This is a fascinating log. I built lots of (fairly small) plastic kits as a cabin boy and as a delayer of wedding guests
I am now building from wooden kits.
I did not realise that building from card produced such realistic and detailed models.
(The ones on the back of 1950s cereal packets certainly did not)
I have just browsed my favourite kit supplier and I see that there are plenty of models to go at. Perhaps my next build?
There seems to be no getting away from knotting ratlines though.

Hi all, this is my first post in this forum although not my first model. I’ve built a number of ship models in numerous mediums from plastic kits, resin kits, to wooden kits and some scratchbuilt models. The Mercury however is my first card/paper model. After seeing images and some builds of these kits I was blown away with the detail and more importantly the actual subject itself. After a long think on it and after a number of years dry spell from the hobby, I jumped in and bought the Mercury kit from my local hobby store as it was ok special. Still very pricey though rather comparative to higher quality wood kits.

I’m actually a few weeks into the build now, though I’ll post some of the few images I took of the progress until now.
Hallo @Atamini
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hi all, this is my first post in this forum although not my first model. I’ve built a number of ship models in numerous mediums from plastic kits, resin kits, to wooden kits and some scratchbuilt models. The Mercury however is my first card/paper model. After seeing images and some builds of these kits I was blown away with the detail and more importantly the actual subject itself. After a long think on it and after a number of years dry spell from the hobby, I jumped in and bought the Mercury kit from my local hobby store as it was ok special. Still very pricey though rather comparative to higher quality wood kits.

I’m actually a few weeks into the build now, though I’ll post some of the few images I took of the progress until now.
Hallo @Atamini
Birthday-Cake

Hallo @Atamini
Birthday-Cake

Back