HMS Ontario 1780 scale 1:32 POB full version

Hi Zoly, based on your results with paper I already bought 130 and 200 gr paper. It looks fantastic and as Uwe already m mentioned I am looking forward to the oiled result. I will already have my sunglasses at hand :)
Thanks Maarten,I am looking forward to your experience

Zoly I have few question about how you approach this beautifull building of your deck.
Here is a prtsc of your picture.
1583241363385.png

I will now guess how did you do it. Please correct me if am I wrong. So firstly you need to copy the waterway bend for the first plank in green. Then you cut the plank in some places as in blue bubble. The question here is in which places you will cut this plank? Is this base on plans or just your decision? Next question is how are you calculating the step cut in red. I do not have any clue. I would like to do such a deck on my Virginia Sloop, but I do not know how. Could you explain more please? Also how can you fit the other planks there? I can only imagine that you are gradually trying and sanding the planks until they fit perfectly?

Thanks for any help.

Zoly I have few question about how you approach this beautifull building of your deck.
View attachment 136269

I will now guess how did you do it. Please correct me if am I wrong. So firstly you need to copy the waterway bend for the first plank in green. Then you cut the plank in some places as in blue bubble. The question here is in which places you will cut this plank? Is this base on plans or just your decision? Next question is how are you calculating the step cut in red. I do not have any clue. I would like to do such a deck on my Virginia Sloop, but I do not know how. Could you explain more please? Also how can you fit the other planks there? I can only imagine that you are gradually trying and sanding the planks until they fit perfectly?

Thanks for any help.
Hi,thanks for visiting my build log.
Probably you guys do not know but Marristella will release in a few days an Hms Ontario kit scale 1:48,I used the deck planking scheme from the kit ,so I did not calculate anything just changed the scale but there were a few errors as my deck width at the stern was a little bit larger do I had to modifie the deck plank numbers,sorry this is not a big help,hopfully others chime in how to design the margin planks with the step cuts.

Hi,thanks for visiting my build log.
Probably you guy do not know but Marristella will release in a few days an Hms Ontario kit scale 1:48,I used the deck planking scheme from the kit ,so I did not calculate anything just changed the scale but there were a few errors as my deck width at the stern was a little bit larger do I had to modifie the deck plank numbers,sorry this is not a big help,hopfully others chime in how to design the margin planks with the step cuts.
It is sometimes very good to know and have close contact with the right people - Marisstella is well known for very accurate research - Very good work Zoly

Brilliant execution, Zoly!
It is sometimes very good to know and have close contact with the right people - Marisstella is well known for very accurate research - Very good work Zoly
Hi Zoltan, the upper deck has a lot less planking and will go faster, the paper caulking between planks looks great.
Completely agree with Mike! Great looking deck with paper caulking.

Thank you guys!!

View attachment 136269

Thanks for any help.
Here is an exemple how the margin plank look like the Marristella Ontario plan.With any scarf joints you need too cut out the shape with a little extra onthe woodand sand both side till they fit perfectly.

5B7C66CD-03CD-486A-A80C-5A81576330AA.png

Back