HMS Pandora - Modelship Dockyard - Build log

Finished the lower planking and started to tidy it up a little (long way to go)there is an edging strip on the bottom of the keel in 5 pieces and given how accurate the laser cutting is it's strange that is is 35mm to long unless i have missed something so i will cut it to size after fitting the sternpost
I have done a little bit of assembly on the chain pumps

DSC03655.JPG

DSC03656.JPG

DSC03653.JPG

DSC03654.JPG

DSC03657.JPG

This really is spectacular. It's always nice to see highly skilled competent craftsmanship mated to what looks to be an exceptionally (if all to seldomly) well designed and produced kit! very rewarding!

Hi Peter
Thank you for the kind words I feel the kit is probably to advanced for my lack of knowledge of Ships and model building (The instructions are very basic but the support from manufacturer is first class) So i am not expecting to do the kit justice but hope to end up with at least a nice ornament

I appreciate your modesty, but don't sell yourself short! I am impressed and inspired to improve my work by the high standard you demonstrate!

Pete

I have fitted a little more planking at the bow and a couple of bitts and a staircase it seems a long way down to the first step? (The cannonball racks i have fitted are provided in the kit but are not shown on the deck plan or mentioned in the instructions)

I have fitted a little more planking at the bow and a couple of bitts and a staircase it seems a long way down to the first step? (The cannonball racks i have fitted are provided in the kit but are not shown on the deck plan or mentioned in the instructions)
Hi, sorry for this issue, there was a page for the cannonball racks on the instructions that's being recently added, but i forgot to update the English version. This is a screenshoot of the added page, and you can download the lastest instruction here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MzrrdDEJI-miEdVTXgRuKG9qrhplVDEV?usp=sharing
1705251009592.png

Thank you very much for the recommendation. I am sorry, but I do not know your first name?

Back