HMS Pandora - Modelship Dockyard - Build log

Don't blink or the future of model ship construction will pass you by. Debuting soon: all kit parts printed!
I just joined the hobby and I'm already obsolete :rolleyes:.
I was obsolete before I joined, Paul! Still trying to make it work with a knife, tweezers, and a dab of glue! I've been thinking about trying some hot horse hoof glue. I hear it's great for woodworking.

Somehow I have to get used to these resin elements - I am pretty sure, that they are helping a lot to get the correct shape of the hull
Definitely very interesting :cool:

你好,我是潘多拉的设计师。我很高兴你能享受这个过程。如果您在生产过程中遇到任何不清楚的情况,请直接与我或维克多联系

Hello, I'm a designer at Pandora. I'm glad you enjoyed the process. If you encounter any unclear situation during the production process, please contact me or Victor directly

你好,我是潘多拉的设计师。我很高兴你能享受这个过程。如果您在生产过程中遇到任何不清楚的情况,请直接与我或维克多联系

Hello, I'm a designer at Pandora. I'm glad you enjoyed the process. If you encounter any unclear situation during the production process, please contact me or Victor directly
What a great after-sale service, Wuxi!! Many thanks for your willingness to help our members.

I have fitted more of inside planking i had a bit of trouble as when i fitted the cabin parts at the stern i did not leave a space to get the planking down the side of it so hade to pick at it until it fitted and one of the printed ribs was out of line so i sanded it back and will have to build it up on outside before planking. The Keel is next

DSC03587.JPG

DSC03588.JPG

DSC03589.JPG

It seems as if the manufacturing process is getting more and more precise - wow - very nice and interesting processes.

Hi
I came to model boat building as a way to pass time during lockdown and started with mantua 1/200 victory and at the moment i am half way through building an old hachette magazine titanic purchased on eBay not making a good job on either but when i spotted the Pandora kit i could not resist it
Hallo @Rsj
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back