HMS PEGASUS (1776) - Amati - Scale 1:64

Hi Georg, thanks for your nice word. To be honest, I am nearly thinking of giving up after 50 years of building, and about 4 here years here trying to help beginners -mainly on Kits, but week after week I see the same Bad building, Bad Instruktion Manuals, so your Word warmed it a bit.
Although nearly 80 now, I still have some projects- maybe writing a Booklet · How to Build A Kit the right way and how to change it a bit, to do it better.
Generali is in this side more 5x a day, but from now on not so often.
I Will always try to help if somebody ask for it was born up in Demark on the mainland- Far Nordwest corner in front of the Nord Sea
El Cape

dk.gif

Olga, good afternoon. Indeed, El Kapi is right, why didn’t they fill in all the spaces? Themselves in the manual write that this gives a good result.

Olga, good afternoon. Indeed, El Kapi is right, why didn’t they fill in all the spaces? Themselves in the manual write that this gives a good result.
It is really tough to say who is right, or who is wrong, Sasha. I believe, but obviously could be wrong, that reinforcement is not technically required based on the structure provided by Amati. The MDF false deck provided the necessary support and reinforcements. The only purpose for both: Bow and Stern pieces are for the place of stand bolts, IMHO.

It is really tough to say who is right, or who is wrong, Sasha. I believe, but obviously could be wrong, that reinforcement is not technically required based on the structure provided by Amati. The MDF false deck provided the necessary support and reinforcements. The only purpose for both: Bow and Stern pieces are for the place of stand bolts, IMHO.
Hello Dima. I'm not trying to figure out who is right. I wanted to know why the filling of the spacing stopped at 5 and 9 frames? With the bow and stern, it is clear, this is for the contours. There are tricky parts. Perhaps only for this purpose it has been done. Let's hear what Olga has to say.

Hello Dima. I'm not trying to figure out who is right. I wanted to know why the filling of the spacing stopped at 5 and 9 frames? With the bow and stern, it is clear, this is for the contours. There are tricky parts. Perhaps only for this purpose it has been done. Let's hear what Olga has to say.
i fully agree with Alexander and disagree with You Jimssky. Called reinforcement or just to fill out the gaps between Bulkheads to me have advantages. 1: IT will avoid that the Hull will never curve. You can even do one side 1Th and then the other. "2Nd.You will have a very smooth surface along with the hulk, so that planking will run perfectly. you can glue the planking list all away along the hull, and nearly avoid using steams. As plank will cover it later nobody will even know what you have done, but as each builder sits in his-her -own driver seat, he/she can do what they will
NO FURTHER COMMENT FROM MY SIDE IN FURURE

i fully agree with Alexander and disagree with You Jimssky. Called reinforcement or just to fill out the gaps between Bulkheads to me have advantages. 1: IT will avoid that the Hull will never curve. You can even do one side 1Th and then the other. "2Nd.You will have a very smooth surface along with the hulk, so that planking will run perfectly. you can glue the planking list all away along the hull, and nearly avoid using steams. As plank will cover it later nobody will even know what you have done, but as each builder sits in his-her -own driver seat, he/she can do what they will
Honestly, you don't have to agree with me. My opinion is subjective and I don't force anyone to agree with it. If this model was designed as single-layer planking, I would definitely insert filler pieces. Also, I would probably reinforce if the structure is made out of Plywood. MDF is a different material and doesn't have a tendency to rely on weather conditions.

All do, I might be wrong and Olya will fill out all the in-between bulkheads at the end... It is just my personal view. ;)

Forgive me for not answering for a long time!
In part, everyone guessed the course of my thoughts!
First: The spaces here are partially filled because this model has a double planks. It will make it possible to make perfect hull lines.
Second: I ran out of Basswood))) and therefore not even enough wood to fill the space to the end in those places where the rod will be installed for the stand.

P.S. On my other model I will have to collect a lot of Basswood because there is 1 layer of planks and the hull is longer than 80 cm (31")

Honestly, you don't have to agree with me. My opinion is subjective and I don't force anyone to agree with it. If this model was designed as single-layer planking, I would definitely insert filler pieces. Also, I would probably reinforce if the structure is made out of Plywood. MDF is a different material and doesn't have a tendency to rely on weather conditions.

All do, I might be wrong and Olya will fill out all the in-between bulkheads at the end... It is just my personal view. ;)
This is my 2nd model that has MDF parts. I like working with it although it is much heavier than plywood. It is easy to drive nails without a hammer and at the same time this material holds them very good. This material really does not allow the body to twisted and bend, so it does not need such reinforcement, as for a plywood!

Hi I THINK THAT YOUR ARE MIXING UP REINFORCEMENT, WITH TO FILL THE LOVER PARTS OF THE hull between BULKHEADS FOR A BETTER PLANKING. More and less when IU did this System for the first time, was at the same time that your Canadian friend in the Management (Solly) did it, although we use different filling Material and that goes back some years now, so nothing new here

This is my 2nd model that has MDF parts. I like working with it although it is much heavier than plywood. It is easy to drive nails without a hammer and at the same time this material holds them very good. This material really does not allow the body to twisted and bend, so it does not need such reinforcement, as for a plywood!
Here again, is the name REINFORCEMENT, but for me, it has never been done for reinforcement. The BOW andStearn is a MUST-nut to reinforce -but giving the planking a much better Look. the advantage is that you can make a mix of glues and in some nails. Solly in its dau used a special product where I went to my Local Flower Shop- making a lot of flower decorations for big parties. They used to insert the cut flowers into the Sponge and as it has an abnormal way to absorb water- a longer lifetime to the flower- someone showed me, to get some. Adding a Mixture of Water a White Carpenter Glue for an hour or two, then into the baking oven-when wife was away. after this, you really had a Brick. It took a little time to find out the % of water and Glue- NOT TO THICK and not too thin either. The last two pics is from Solly

Attachments

• 09-GADGETS-111 (18).jpg
    09-GADGETS-111 (18).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 17
  • AA-04-PROFECIONAL TOOLS-111 (57).jpg
    AA-04-PROFECIONAL TOOLS-111 (57).jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 393-casco relleno con una sponja.jpg
    393-casco relleno con una sponja.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 394 sponja cortado-hull.jpg
    394 sponja cortado-hull.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 15
  • 373-EL RELLENO- THE FILLING MATERIAL.jpg
    373-EL RELLENO- THE FILLING MATERIAL.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 381--- PROA-BOW PLANK.jpg
    381--- PROA-BOW PLANK.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 15
Второе: у меня кончился Липа))) и поэтому не хватило даже дров, чтобы заполнить пространство до конца в тех местах, где будет установлена штанга для стойки.
Here. I knew there was a secret here. ROTF
Olga, thank you.
Sorry to interfere with your construction. I will observe from the side. Your models are very impressive.ThumbsupThumbsupThumbsup

Hi I THINK THAT YOUR ARE MIXING UP REINFORCEMENT, WITH TO FILL THE LOVER PARTS OF THE hull between BULKHEADS FOR A BETTER PLANKING. More and less when IU did this System for the first time, was at the same time that your Canadian friend in the Management (Solly) did it, although we use different filling Material and that goes back some years now, so nothing new here
El Capi, Mon Amie, I am not mixing up anything. I am trying to explain that filling blocks can be used both for reinforcements and\or for providing a better base for the planking.
I live in New York where you cannot control humidity, and it is so bad. You can glue everything in the evening, and in the morning found it crooked, We have 80% humidity as the norm. To avoid this we use reinforcement blocks so it doesn't twist. MFD doesn't afraid of humidity and moisture. Therefore, for the most part, doesn't require those blocks for reinforcement.

In this particular kit, as explained by Olya, reinforcement blocks are not necessary, MDF provided a very rigid structure. It is also noted, that kit comes with two layers of planks. You can always use the first layer as the base for the second\finishing planks.

El Capi, Mon Amie, I am not mixing up anything. I am trying to explain that filling blocks can be used both for reinforcements and\or for providing a better base for the planking.
I live in New York where you cannot control humidity, and it is so bad. You can glue everything in the evening, and in the morning found it crooked, We have 80% humidity as the norm. To avoid this we use reinforcement blocks so it doesn't twist. MFD doesn't afraid of humidity and moisture. Therefore, for the most part, doesn't require those blocks for reinforcement.

In this particular kit, as explained by Olya, reinforcement blocks are not necessary, MDF provided a very rigid structure. It is also noted, that kit comes with two layers of planks. You can always use the first layer as the base for the second\finishing planks.
over and out
Here. I knew there was a secret here. ROTF
Olga, thank you.
Sorry to interfere with your construction. I will observe from the side. Your models are very impressive.ThumbsupThumbsupThumbsup
no further comments

Here again, is the name REINFORCEMENT, but for me, it has never been done for reinforcement. The BOW andStearn is a MUST-nut to reinforce -but giving the planking a much better Look. the advantage is that you can make a mix of glues and in some nails. Solly in its dau used a special product where I went to my Local Flower Shop- making a lot of flower decorations for big parties. They used to insert the cut flowers into the Sponge and as it has an abnormal way to absorb water- a longer lifetime to the flower- someone showed me, to get some. Adding a Mixture of Water a White Carpenter Glue for an hour or two, then into the baking oven-when wife was away. after this, you really had a Brick. It took a little time to find out the % of water and Glue- NOT TO THICK and not too thin either. The last two pics is from Solly
Great idea with this material and glue - I need to try it!
Before this, I just used sheets of polystyrene insulation, when I just needed to get the right shape.
007-заповнення_шпацій.jpg

Back